Respect
One of my greatest desires is to be a Godley woman of respect. I've been praying for that a lot lately. The problem with that, though, is that when you become more and more like that woman, you also realize, more and more, what a dink you've been beeing up until now. Seriously. Sometimes I'm surprised I have any friends at all. What's keeping them arround? I'm self-centered, self-seeking, impatient, rude, (I could go on for a while). Sometimes I feel so socially retarded (no disrespect meant by that at all) that I just don't know what to do with myself. I can only pray for patient friends who are maybe dealing with their own issues so that mine don't seem as monumental to them as they do to me. When I look at my friends, I see their wonderful personalities and all the beautiful components that make up them. Maybe I need to cut myself some slack and think that maybe they view me the same way too. Everyone is dealing with issues that are common to man. Besides, there's not telling what you'll discover about yourself tomorrow, so you'd better be ok to deal with whatever's there today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home