Weird Friendships
I've discovered lately, that there are some poeple whome its necessary to really put a lot of effort into being friends with. Its funny that I'm willing to do that with some people, but not others. There are some people who never call me or email me, but I'm willing to put the effort in and we've become friends. I'm willing to most always be the one doing the intentional work. Then there are people that never call or email me, but I don't really care, and any friendship there was has died. I don't know if its pride on my part or what. Why am I willing to put so much into some relationships and not others. Now, I'm not saying that I'm trying to be best friends with everyone, or even to hold onto each relationship I happen to have for a while. But what makes one person worth the effort, and not another? I think its all about encouragement. When I call these people, are they excited to hear from me? Are they really interested in what's going on in my life? Do they make the effort to sit and chat for a while, or hang out for a while? It could be something just as simple as being excited to see me. You'd be surprised how many people could care less if I existed or not, even at The Upperroom. Do I do this too? Are there people who wanted to be my friend, but I just blew off, maybe without even realizing it? Its so easy to be selfish with my reactions to different things and different people, easy to say I'm not up to being spunky and friendly, or having a long conversation. Maybe its something we all should be more aware of, as even little things like this can have a big impact on someone else.

1 Comments:
At 1:49 PM, April 28, 2005,
Laura Ibsen said…
Sweet - good thoughts Sarah. And I'll try that time zone thing as long as it doesn't mess everything else up (which I could quite possible do). :)
Post a Comment
<< Home