Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Fresh Prospective

I went to the retreat trying to discover what I felt about certain things. What I came away with was God's feelings on everything. I wanted to figure out this certain relationship in my life: what I thought about it and whether or not it was correct to feel that way. God promptly, but gently, told me that I was putting this relationship above Him. He reminded me that what I really long for, more than anything else, is Him.

I then, immediately, became afraid of doing it again once I realized how much in love with God I actually am, yet how easy is was to disreguard that for something else (no matter how good that something else might be). He then, immediately, reminded me that my sin, not in part but the whole, is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more.

Our speaker shared an illustration with us of a father carrying his little child in his arms. The child, at first, was gripping his father's lapel for all he was worth. Eventually, the child fell asleep and his hand dropped away from he father's lapel. The funny thing is, his father kept holding onto him. The child's security was not dependent on his ability to hold onto his father, but his father's ability to hold onto him no matter what. God is capable of keeping us from falling no matter what comes along.

It really was a good and refreshing weekend. I feel like I was re-grounded in who God is for me. I do want Him far beyond anything or anyone else. I'm forever secure in Him - He made sure of that.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home