There's a man at my work who used to be homeless. As a consequesnce, he has a difficult time letting things go. He'll take the things we throw away back out of the trash and save them. Useless things, like broken irons and out of date mailing lables that won't even work anymore, he just can't let go of. Being thrifty is all well and good, but this was actually impeeding on his way of life. His apartment was so full of this useless stuff, he could hardly get arround in it. As time has gone by, he's been getting much better. He's been trusting the Lord to provide for his needs.
When I thought about it, his story is not unlike mine. I used to have very limited social skills, and not very many friends. I was very shy and though that no one would want to talk to me. After I got to college, I really came out of my shell and became the vibrant, fun person I am today :) Since then, though, I've realized that I've become slightly dependent on having plans with people. I've become controlling over different relationships in my life. Relationships do take work, don't get me wrong, but God has been teaching me, just like my co-worker, that its ok to let go of trying to control the situation and trust in Him to provide for me.
I'm sure everyone has something that they have trouble letting God be in control of.
When I thought about it, his story is not unlike mine. I used to have very limited social skills, and not very many friends. I was very shy and though that no one would want to talk to me. After I got to college, I really came out of my shell and became the vibrant, fun person I am today :) Since then, though, I've realized that I've become slightly dependent on having plans with people. I've become controlling over different relationships in my life. Relationships do take work, don't get me wrong, but God has been teaching me, just like my co-worker, that its ok to let go of trying to control the situation and trust in Him to provide for me.
I'm sure everyone has something that they have trouble letting God be in control of.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home