Equality
Do you ever think that your thoughts are must be really ordinary, so they're not worth sharing (or blogging about)? That's why I really like reading other people's blogs on the "Surprise Me, God" board at the Upperoom. I see other people's thought presented in this format, and I think to myself "hey - I think about that too!" I just never think to write some of this down because I'm so used to thinking about it everyday.
I'm very excited for this weekend, just because I have wall-to-wall plans and I love being totally booked. I'm a planner by nature, and I like to have free-time, just as long as I've planned for it. I'm also an extreme extrovert and I love spending time with people even more than spending time alone. Sometimes I need time to warm up to people, but after that watch out! Don't get me wrong, I like my alone time too, but I just like processing thoughts with people. I feel like I get to know myself better when I'm arround others, and I can hear God speak to me so clearly sometimes through the mouths of others. I believe that God can grow a person in any circumstances if that person is pursuing God and allowing Him to work in their lives, but I defenately choose to work things out with people instead of alone. This can sometimes cause friction, as then you're making your mistakes right along with other people instead of on your own where no one might know about them. I'm very blessed to be surrounded by a bunch of loving, graceful, forgiving people, who understand that everyone's on the same level and we all need to be patient with each other.
"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ." -1 John 1:3
I'm so glad for that. There are no favorites in Christ. We are all starving, and some of us just know where the buffet is.
I was thinking about this last night as I lead Bible study. No church leaders is greater than the people they lead, no parent is better than their children, ect. I was there to serve those girls, and am very blessed to be able to. Its such a great thing to live in community with other people and be able to serve them all in different ways. (I'm also a helper by nature, so this is right up my alley too). Everyone has something great to contribute, and I think that's just wonderful. God is truely great at knitting people together who can work together to help each other and fulfill each other's needs.
I'm very excited for this weekend, just because I have wall-to-wall plans and I love being totally booked. I'm a planner by nature, and I like to have free-time, just as long as I've planned for it. I'm also an extreme extrovert and I love spending time with people even more than spending time alone. Sometimes I need time to warm up to people, but after that watch out! Don't get me wrong, I like my alone time too, but I just like processing thoughts with people. I feel like I get to know myself better when I'm arround others, and I can hear God speak to me so clearly sometimes through the mouths of others. I believe that God can grow a person in any circumstances if that person is pursuing God and allowing Him to work in their lives, but I defenately choose to work things out with people instead of alone. This can sometimes cause friction, as then you're making your mistakes right along with other people instead of on your own where no one might know about them. I'm very blessed to be surrounded by a bunch of loving, graceful, forgiving people, who understand that everyone's on the same level and we all need to be patient with each other.
"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ." -1 John 1:3
I'm so glad for that. There are no favorites in Christ. We are all starving, and some of us just know where the buffet is.
I was thinking about this last night as I lead Bible study. No church leaders is greater than the people they lead, no parent is better than their children, ect. I was there to serve those girls, and am very blessed to be able to. Its such a great thing to live in community with other people and be able to serve them all in different ways. (I'm also a helper by nature, so this is right up my alley too). Everyone has something great to contribute, and I think that's just wonderful. God is truely great at knitting people together who can work together to help each other and fulfill each other's needs.

2 Comments:
At 4:36 PM, April 22, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Am I an extravert or introvert? I can't stand being by myself, but...I don't know. Can't wait for Saturday! Bible study was fun on Wednesday - I just need to be more awake!
At 3:19 PM, April 25, 2005,
Laura Ibsen said…
What's your new blog address?
Post a Comment
<< Home