Confession
I was at the Upperroom last night and I realized I've become very prideful with this whole "Surprise Me" thing. As I sat there and listened to other people's accounts of how they've been surprised throughout the days of this experiment, I realized that I'd been thinking (up until then) that the whole thing was rather silly. "Why do I need to do this? I'm really aware of God every day and this is just for people who have trouble with that," I thought. But as I sat there listening to those other accounts, I found I wanted that too. I wanted take things as they come and just be surprised instead of analyzing everything to death. We all need help in realizing God at work in our everyday lives. I'm looking forward now to just praying the "surprise me" prayer everyday and trying to keep up with God. We'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home