Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Thankful

I'm so thankful for my life. I have been, and am so incredibly blessed by God. First of all, just to know Him and have a relationship with Him. That's something that I never want to take for granted (although at the same time, I do take for granted everyday). I pray that I'll be able to grasp how wonderful God is each day and that will keep me close to Him. Its so easy to drift away - as people its our norm. It takes a constant effort to remember who God is and what He has done. Thank God that He is always pursuing us, because He understands that we can't come to Him except through Him.

A few nights ago, I was on a rooftop in downtown Minneapolis with some wonderful peope on a wonderful night. It occured to me that I wouldn't want anyone else's life. It can get rocky at times, but I'd rather be me than anyone else. I love where I live and all that goes on here. I'll be getting the chance to travel soon. I LOVE my friends and am blessed to know both a lot of really fun and adventerous people to hang out with, and have a couple close friends that I can share my heart with. And you know, both kinds of friends came come and go but I know that God will always provide for me. There will always be more people to love and be loved by as long as I've got a heart for it.

I have a wonderful family that keeps my heart attuned to the needs of pretty strange people :) (they don't read this blog - I can say what I want about them)

I have two wonderful churches that I attend and get fed at. One in particular that's provided me with renewed community and a chance to serve in many ways. And I'm surrounded by many wonderful Christ-centered ministries that I can also serve in.

There's just so much to be thankful for, and I just need to remember that when I'm feeling down or lonely. I have to remember to seek God through the good times and bad. Like the song says "blessed be Your name".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home