Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Now it's officially winter...

...because I've fallen down in the street for the first time this year. As you all know, I'm not the most coordinated person in the world. From spilling champagne down my own shirt to flinging food at my boss, I'm almost completely devoid of spacial awareness and hand/eye coordination.

I was walking from Williams in Uptown last Friday night to my car in sub-zero temperatures. Knowing my aforementioned handicap, I was very carefully navigating the various patches of ice along the sidewalk to try to make it to my car in one piece. All of a sudden, my body contorted, my feet slipped and my arms went flailing into the air. Now, a few things happened as I landed in a heap on the ground. One, I slightly twisted my ankle. Two, my purse flew threw the air and landed in the middle of 31st Street. And three, I began to laugh hysterically. You see, I happen to think it's really funny when people fall down. Sometimes I watch those funny home video shows just to see people falling down. So, I figure it's just as funny when I fall down as it happens quite a bit.

So, I'm on the ground in the middle of the sidewalk, and I'm rather confused at this point. You see, there was no ice around me at all. Yup - you got it. I had successfully made it through all the ice only to eat it on some flat, solid concrete. I honestly don't know how this stuff happens. Thankfully no was around to see me suddenly contort in mid-stride and hit the deck. They might have thought I'd just gotten shot or something. That's how strange this whole ordeal looked.

Well, the only thing to do was to pick myself up, go retrieve my purse, and limp the rest of the way to my car. Happy winter everyone!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, December 12, 2007, Blogger Mark said…

    Just know that we all fall in life and it's not how you fall, but how you get back up afterwards. Were I more determined, my life story would be like that sentence. Instead my life is sort of like, it's not how you fall, but how far and at what speed. Well I guess that last part is sort of how you fall, but I don't really connect the two...even though I just did...geez. I'm falling right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home