People get into fights over the most ridiculous things...
Yesterday, I got into a fight with my Mary Kay lady. Well, it really wasn't so much a fight as a dissagreement. I was running some errands for work at about 1:30pm yesterday, and noticed that I had a voice mail. It was my Mary Kay lady (whome I've only used twice thus far - she's a friend of a friend's mom). She needed my address in order to mail me a blush that I wanted. I called her back, and the convo went like this:
Well, at least I'll get my blush, that is of course unless she decided to send it to 55416. I was pretty happy with myself that I didn't get mad outloud. Perhaps I'm maturing??
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Addendum on the "coffee incident" that happened the other day:
My director walked into my office with a big smile and put a four-pack of Starbucks Mint Mocha Frap on my desk. He said that he was thinking about me at the grocery store and got this for me. And he said that he hoped I had a really great day. It was really, really cute and sweet.
Of course, I immediately felt bad about the hissy fit I had previously thrown when my other coffe was ruthlessly stolen....
Mary Kay Lady (MKL): Hi Laura... so, what's that address of yours?
Me: Well, its (my address), St. Louis Park, MN 55426.
MKL: Um, I think you mean 55416.
Me: Nope, its 55426.
MKL (copping attitude): Listen, I worked in ST. Louis Park a few years ago, and our zip was 55416. There's no way that your zip could possibly be 55426!
Me (thinking to myself): WTF lady! Are you actually implying that I'm too stupid to know my own zip code???!!!
Me (out loud to her, and with a very cheerful tone I might add): Well, I'm not sure about all that, but I've lived here for four months now and all the literature for our building says "St. Louis Park, 55426". That's what all my roomates, who've lived here for over a year, go by. That's what it is.
MKL (same attitude, very condescending): No - that just can't be correct. You must live in New Hope or something.
Me (thinking to myself): Are we seriously having this argument right now?! Can't you just send me my damn blush? I can't believe I'm paying you to wast my time like this! WTF?!
Me (outloud and still with a forgiving and patient tone): No - I'm positive that I'm correct. I live in St. Louis Park, and my zip code is 55426.
MKL: Well ok, I'll send it to that address. Just don't blame me if it gets lost in the mail because of the wrong zip code.
Me: Thank you.
Click
Well, at least I'll get my blush, that is of course unless she decided to send it to 55416. I was pretty happy with myself that I didn't get mad outloud. Perhaps I'm maturing??
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Addendum on the "coffee incident" that happened the other day:
My director walked into my office with a big smile and put a four-pack of Starbucks Mint Mocha Frap on my desk. He said that he was thinking about me at the grocery store and got this for me. And he said that he hoped I had a really great day. It was really, really cute and sweet.
Of course, I immediately felt bad about the hissy fit I had previously thrown when my other coffe was ruthlessly stolen....

8 Comments:
At 3:09 PM, December 01, 2005,
Jordan said…
About the first story: people are idiots. It's a confidence boost. This is the secret to success: everyone is stupid. So if you ever feel stupid just realize that everyone else (even every apparently confident person) is clueless too. Then you'll be freed from feelings of intellectual inadequacy and have no limits.
About the second story: awwww...it's nice to know nice people still exist.
At 10:53 PM, December 01, 2005,
chen said…
I would use a different Mary Kay lady from now on if I were you. Why should she get a pink car for her snobbish attitude? I'm friends with a Mary Kay lady so I can hook you up for next time.
BTW, some cities do have more than one zip code (i.e. Minneapolis).
At 10:15 AM, December 02, 2005,
Mark said…
Around one year ago did you have a green car? and did you ever have to give jeffrey n. rides because he was too poo fo a ca?
Of course the picture you put up has to be you going down a slide at 45/mph. I think I know you. I am pretty sure I know that Chen girl too...well I think I played pool against her. The only reason I think I remember was because it was pretty much my only win in like fifty games. I will go write in her blog now. haha
At 11:19 AM, December 02, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Mark: I had a blue car a year ago, but it got crashed, and now I have a "champagne" colored car.
Are you talking about Jeff Nelson? I don't really remember who I've given rides to, but its entirely possible that helped out.
I'll put a picture of Chenny and me up here for you - but it may have to wait until Monday.
At 11:22 AM, December 02, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Chen: Yes - I may have to use your lady. I can only assume that this lady is a control-freak and perhaps needed to be right about something that day??? Well, I won't assume anything.
My mom was going to sell Mary Kay for a short time, but as it turns out, she just got all the free makeup and then quite before she had to go talk to anyone. It was nice, though, because that meant that I got lots of free makeup too.
At 11:27 AM, December 02, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Jordan: She didn't make me feel stupid, she made me feel annoyed, and also amused by the situation. I just couldn't believe that she though she could argue with me and stand a chance of winning.
I'm excited to see you this weekend. Do you know yet if the party is tonight or tomorrow night?
FYI: Kelly is playing at a coffee house tonight at 8:30pm and Renee Klitzke is playing with her band tomorrow night at Acadia at 9:30pm, so everyone should go check them out on whatever day your party is not on.
At 2:05 PM, December 02, 2005,
Jordan said…
Hey Laura, the party is Sat. night but I still have no idea what's going to be going on.... I am going to try to get to Kelly's show tonight but I probably won't be there until 9:45 so maybe everyone will be gone by then? Leaving work now to pack and go to the airport...see you soon.
At 11:09 AM, December 05, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Hi nate!
Yeah, I was double right because I never questioned her zip code preferance. Every city around here has more than one zip code. I just thought it was so weird that she could have lived around here so long and thought otherwise. I wonder what she'd say about my area code - that's probably a whole new can or worms for her. Weird.
Post a Comment
<< Home