Tip of the cap to some great local music...
I just wanted to give the nod to a few of the local Minneapolis/St. Paul band that I personally take time out to go and see when they have gigs.

The first one is Epic Hero. I first heard them play when I was flipping though radio stations a few years ago. Their song "End of the Line" made me stop and take notice. Its quite the compliment, as I usually shy away from new music - it takes quite a few listens for me to get into something new. But I liked their song and their sound instantly.
The first time I saw their show, a friend and I went up to meet them and tell them how much we liked their music. The conversation went something like this:
These are good guys who play good music. You should defenatly go out and see them if you get the chance. They can often be found at the Fineline Music Cafe or O'Gara's.
---------------------------------------------------

The second nod goes to a band called Q Public. They happened to be the opener for Epic Hero the night I first saw them. These guys are full of energy and have a great stage presence. You can tell that they are also very nice people. I liked their sound as well, but might not stop my radio dial on them the first time I heard them. However, they killer stage presence and ability to rock makes up for anything else. I think that they could go great places. They're worth a closer look.
--------------------------------------------------

Lastly, there's a band named Scarlet Haze that I personally have never seen, but really want to check out. They're opening tonight for Bon Jovi (who I'm dying to see if anyone has an extra ticket) at the Target Center. They're a local band that won a battle of the band's contest to be the opener. I've been listening to some of their songs online, though, and they are really good. Kat, the lead singer, has a phoenominal voice, and the live photo's on their web page make their live shows look super fun.



So go support local art, and do youself a favor and go have some fun, by checking these or other local bands out. Any other suggestions for local talent are welcome - we have a wealth of it here in the Cities.

The first one is Epic Hero. I first heard them play when I was flipping though radio stations a few years ago. Their song "End of the Line" made me stop and take notice. Its quite the compliment, as I usually shy away from new music - it takes quite a few listens for me to get into something new. But I liked their song and their sound instantly.
The first time I saw their show, a friend and I went up to meet them and tell them how much we liked their music. The conversation went something like this:
Justin (lead singer): Hey guys! Thanks for coming out. Did you come here to see the opening band and stay for us too?
Me: No.
Justin: Oh. Did you just come for the beer?
Me: No - we came to see you because we really like your music.
Justin: Really? That's great! Thanks! :) :)
These are good guys who play good music. You should defenatly go out and see them if you get the chance. They can often be found at the Fineline Music Cafe or O'Gara's.
---------------------------------------------------

The second nod goes to a band called Q Public. They happened to be the opener for Epic Hero the night I first saw them. These guys are full of energy and have a great stage presence. You can tell that they are also very nice people. I liked their sound as well, but might not stop my radio dial on them the first time I heard them. However, they killer stage presence and ability to rock makes up for anything else. I think that they could go great places. They're worth a closer look.
--------------------------------------------------

Lastly, there's a band named Scarlet Haze that I personally have never seen, but really want to check out. They're opening tonight for Bon Jovi (who I'm dying to see if anyone has an extra ticket) at the Target Center. They're a local band that won a battle of the band's contest to be the opener. I've been listening to some of their songs online, though, and they are really good. Kat, the lead singer, has a phoenominal voice, and the live photo's on their web page make their live shows look super fun.



So go support local art, and do youself a favor and go have some fun, by checking these or other local bands out. Any other suggestions for local talent are welcome - we have a wealth of it here in the Cities.

1 Comments:
At 2:21 PM, November 29, 2005,
Anonymous said…
Epic Hero's playing on Wednesday, December 14th at Acadia.
Post a Comment
<< Home