Halloween Parties
Last night I went to a friend's Halloween party. There were just a few of us, but we had a pretty good time. It wasn't a conventional party for someone of my age (the ripe old age of 25). I walked in and immediately was put to work on decorating my very own Halloween goblet. I made a princess one, complete with a mosaic of jewels. I left it there and forgot to take a pic of it, so I can't show you what it looked like. But believe me when I say that it was spectacular.
Anyway, we then played "pin the nose on the jack-o-lanturn", and then I showed everyone the newest dance I learned in my HipHop class. Then we played Boulderdash.
So, pretty tame, but all in all, pretty fun.
It was a nice change from the party I went to on Saturday night. My friend's that were hosting are seniors in college, and all very mature and wonderful people. I want it to be known that I really respect them a lot. However, they live right in dinkytown, and a lot of "less mature" college kids wandered in. That party really made me see that "college" parties just really aren't my seen anymore. I just get really angry at drunk people running around trying to impress each other. I don't know, maybe I'm getting old or something.
Its one thing if its the girls, but I get REALLY pissed at drunk guys running around trying to take advantage of drunk girls. Countless guys were coming up to my sober friends and trying to take pictures with them, of course to no avail.
Then, the creme de la creme:
My two girl friends (A and C) and I wanted to leave around 1am. A and I walked out, but realised that C wasn't behind us. A waited outside while I went in to get C. On the way in, some drunk guy dressed like an Indian (whome I'll call Drunken Idiot Bastard, or "DIB" for short) said "Hey! You look like a dude. Are you a dude?" to me. I ignored him and went to find C, who had decided to stay a bit longer.
So, I walk back outside to find my friend A. I walked right past DIB, who started to yell "Hey! The Dude wants to leave! The Dude is leaving!" really loud.
Now at this point, I found that I had to walk past him once again, to get my friend A who had begun to chat with one of our other friends while waiting for me. At this point, DIB decided to hit me with a tambourine he was carrying. I continued to ignore him, though the thoughts of telling him that he was a pathetic, future-less moron whome no one would ever respect went through my mind.
I got my friend A, and had to walk past him AGAIN to get out. Yup - you guessed it - he hit me again with his tambourine, this time spilling everything I was carrying onto the ground. I picked my stuff up and kept going.
However, my friend A decided to infrom him that that was not acceptable behavior, and almost decked him. Yup - she almost got into a fist fight with a drunk guy at a party.
So, that was pretty funny. Or at least it was later when I though about it the next day. The rest of that night found me crying as I discovered that I looked like a guy. Damn - I hate it when stupid people make me cry.
So, I'll take a little arts n' crafts with fun people over physical and emotional abuse from drunken boys anytime. But that's just me.
Happy Halloween!
Anyway, we then played "pin the nose on the jack-o-lanturn", and then I showed everyone the newest dance I learned in my HipHop class. Then we played Boulderdash.
So, pretty tame, but all in all, pretty fun.
It was a nice change from the party I went to on Saturday night. My friend's that were hosting are seniors in college, and all very mature and wonderful people. I want it to be known that I really respect them a lot. However, they live right in dinkytown, and a lot of "less mature" college kids wandered in. That party really made me see that "college" parties just really aren't my seen anymore. I just get really angry at drunk people running around trying to impress each other. I don't know, maybe I'm getting old or something.
Its one thing if its the girls, but I get REALLY pissed at drunk guys running around trying to take advantage of drunk girls. Countless guys were coming up to my sober friends and trying to take pictures with them, of course to no avail.
Then, the creme de la creme:
My two girl friends (A and C) and I wanted to leave around 1am. A and I walked out, but realised that C wasn't behind us. A waited outside while I went in to get C. On the way in, some drunk guy dressed like an Indian (whome I'll call Drunken Idiot Bastard, or "DIB" for short) said "Hey! You look like a dude. Are you a dude?" to me. I ignored him and went to find C, who had decided to stay a bit longer.
So, I walk back outside to find my friend A. I walked right past DIB, who started to yell "Hey! The Dude wants to leave! The Dude is leaving!" really loud.
Now at this point, I found that I had to walk past him once again, to get my friend A who had begun to chat with one of our other friends while waiting for me. At this point, DIB decided to hit me with a tambourine he was carrying. I continued to ignore him, though the thoughts of telling him that he was a pathetic, future-less moron whome no one would ever respect went through my mind.
I got my friend A, and had to walk past him AGAIN to get out. Yup - you guessed it - he hit me again with his tambourine, this time spilling everything I was carrying onto the ground. I picked my stuff up and kept going.
However, my friend A decided to infrom him that that was not acceptable behavior, and almost decked him. Yup - she almost got into a fist fight with a drunk guy at a party.
So, that was pretty funny. Or at least it was later when I though about it the next day. The rest of that night found me crying as I discovered that I looked like a guy. Damn - I hate it when stupid people make me cry.
So, I'll take a little arts n' crafts with fun people over physical and emotional abuse from drunken boys anytime. But that's just me.
Happy Halloween!

5 Comments:
At 9:53 AM, November 04, 2005,
Jordan said…
Laura,
First: I have a feeling that you're the anonymous person on my blog, because anonymous is clearly a nice person and you're probably the nicest person who regularly posts on my blog.
Second: I have never at any point thought you have any resemblance of any kind to a dude. And I hope you realize that my opinion is more important than his because I'm smarter than he is. If a dude is insulted he either:
1. Ignores it because he's been ripped apart his whole life and certain things have no teeth any more.
2. Gets pissed off and wants to destroy things, usually the instigator of the insult.
So not only do you not look like a dude, you also don't react like a dude. So drunk guy is just an idiot, which the world is full of.
At 6:02 PM, November 04, 2005,
Laura Ibsen said…
Hey - I wasn't the first anonymous person on your post. I don't know who that was.
I was the one asked when you were coming back, though. For some reason it posted under anonymous - probably pilot error.
Thanks for the encouragement. Two of my friends, independently from each other, said that he was probably just trying to hit on me in an incredibly stupid way. I don't know how he invisioned it playing out, but I don't think his brain was actually functioning at that point.
Well, at least he's making his hard-working mommy and daddy proud.
At 6:05 PM, November 04, 2005,
Laura Ibsen said…
PS. Not only are you smarter than someone who's brain isn't functioning, you're one of the smartest people I know and have ever met. :)
At 1:47 PM, November 07, 2005,
Jordan said…
Ahhhh, thanks.
Do you think someone should tell that joker that his methods of picking up women are rather...flawed. But what do I know. I guess it's better to let him suffer. Then when he really learns his lesson he'll remember it better.
Also thanks for having a blog. It gives me a moment of entertainment at work. It's about time for a new post though! Get on it!
At 5:39 PM, November 09, 2005,
Laura Ibsen said…
I've really enjoyed having this blog as well. I used to journal all the time, but stopped for a while. The blog is kind of like journaling, except I organize my thoughts better and try not to say anything too embarrassing.
I like you're blog too, Jordan. I like the way you look at the world. Thanks!
PS. Right back at ya- your last blog entry was written two days before mine...
Post a Comment
<< Home