Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Friday, October 21, 2005

New Baby!

My friends Joie and Nate had a baby last week - a beautiful boy named Titus Will Nathaniel Burchel. They've taken to calling him Will. He's such a cutie! Here are some quality camera phone pics I took of the two of us last night:





It was a good night - it was great to catch up with Joie and Nate, and meet their new kid. At one point we were looking at a wedding album that Joie had finished putting together. Inside were pictures of me (I had sung at their wedding) and I was wearing the same black V-neck Tee that I had worn at their wedding. (Don't be worried, its a fancy tee that I had paired with a short, khaki-colored skirt for the wedding. I was wearing it with autumn, suade-esque, tan slacks with a sash-belt last night.) We remarked on the coincidence of that.

Then the baby pooped on it.

Yup - aparently his diaper was slightly askew and it "came out the side". Oh well - I went into the situation with my eyes fully opened. When you hang with babies, you're bound to get some sort of fluid or substance all over you. I really didn't care - a little water and it washed right off.

Up until then, I had successfully dodged some spit-up and several sneeze attempts. But, little Will pulled out the big guns and I was toast.

But after that - Will really took a liking to me. When He was crying, all I had to do was go up to him. As soon as he saw my face, he'd stop. Who knows? Maybe after you poop on someone and they stick around, you can rest ashured that they'll be your friend for life.

Well, I'm glad that Will and mine's new relationship got off to such a good start. I look forward to many fun babysitting dates in the future!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home