Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Monday, October 10, 2005

And we're four grown women....

Recently, a startling phenomenon has occured right here in the Twin Cities. Four women: all in their mid-twenties, all knowing who they are, all smart, all sophisticated, all motivated, all God-centered, all loving, all mature.... have begun to ritually watch a series on Fox called "Prison Break". This show airs on Monday nights at 8:00pm central.

Why do we watch this show? Is it for though-provoking story lines? No. Is it for cleverly hidden commentary on today's major issues? No. Is it for its highly developed characters that make you ponder the people you know in real life situations? No.

We watch it for this:



Yes, with all of our highly-evolved, "girl-power" propeganda, we four gals are absolutely hooked on this fellow.

His name is Wentworth Miller (Yeah, I know - believe me, I couldn't make this stuff up.) On the show he plays Michael Schofield, a prison inmate. He purposely placed himself in jail to break out his older brother, who's been falsely accused of murder and faces the electric chair. He was one of the men who designed the prison, and now he's tatoo'd his chest, back and arms with an elaborate design that hides his escape plans.

This guy is EXTREMELY beautiful. Here - lets look at him again...



Ah, yes.

Now, I don't know what exactly has come over us. It might be some sort of FOX Broadcasting spell or something. We're not women whose heads are easily turned! I swear! And its defenatly not the show - we'd watch whatever show he was on.

Truth be told, I'm a little worried about us. At one point - Michael, aka Wenworth, slams his head against his prison cell to get his crazy cellmate into trouble. He looks into the camera with blood dripping down his head. All of us were quiet in the room. Then, one of us pipes up with "Damn... That was really hot!" We all instantly agreed.

There's been talk of getting a huge Wentworth poster to hang up somwhere at the girl's house. Now, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. My mom has had a huge poster of Tom Sellek as "Magnum P.I." up in our basement since they bought the house. I think that's normal and healthy.

But I might have to draw the line at matching Wentworth t-shirts. :)

7 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, October 11, 2005, Blogger renee said…

    AND there's not a new episode for another 2 weeks!!!

    pure torture. although, if they show the rerun with the scene where he bashes his own head against the cell door to get rid of his crazy cellie... who knew that blood dripping down from your eyebrow could be so sexy?

     
  • At 11:20 AM, October 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know - super sexy!

    Gosh, two weeks... I didn't know that until I tried to tune in last night and found myself staring at major league baseball intsead.

    I know have a deep hatred for baseball....

    (but I'll probably still play on my softball team next summer).

     
  • At 12:24 PM, October 11, 2005, Blogger Kevin Sawyer said…

    Gee,

    Whenever I bash my head and bleed at women, nobody ever thinks it's sexy. But Chester Buttnut, or whatever his name is does it, and suddenly he's the cat's pajamas.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, October 14, 2005, Blogger Jordan said…

    Hmm, I've been watching that show too for two reasons:
    1. I'm bored.
    2. It has relatively decent action/suspense compared to most shows.

    But yes, I now hate baseball even more, since there's no Prison Break and no House for a couple more weeks.

    (Also Laura: it was great to see you again last weekend)

     
  • At 5:26 PM, October 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Jordan!

    It was great to see you too. I didn't tell you at the time, but a few of us were so excited to see you that we had to refrain from jumping on you and hugging you while you were ushering. We voted you "most jump-on-able". Just some FYI. :)

     
  • At 11:47 AM, October 16, 2005, Blogger Jordan said…

    YES! Maybe I should put that on my resume.... "voted most jump-on-able...." It IS more important to me than pretty much everything else on there.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, October 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :) We could type us some sort of congratulation letter that you could enclose with your resume or something:

    Jordan Rainy -

    Voted Twin Cities "Most Jump-On-Able"

    by viewers like you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home