Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Blogging is weird.

Last night I was lying awake, unable to sleep. My sleep sometimes gets screwed up on the weekends, mostely because I have the urge to stay up all night having fun and take naps during the day. It usually messes up Sunday nights, though. Anyway, in a effort to stop thinking about a certain person, I started thinking about blogging.

Blogging is weird.

Lately, I haven't felt that my blog entries have been particularily stellar. They haven't had a lot of "me" in them, and I've been bored with them. It hasen't really pushed me onto blogging all that much.

But I realized what the problem was: lately I've been rather self-conscious about my blog.

Now I always try to be careful about not writing anything that would hurt anyone else, a rule I want to stick to. But I don't want to be scared off of writing about my life. Boundries are a good thing, but walls are not.

Blogs, when you think about it, can turn into a way to keep walls up. Or they can be something that lets you explore your ideas and help you to make up your mind, a way to know yourself more, and a way for others to get to know you in a way that they may not otherwise be able to.

So, in an effort to not be bored with my own blog, I've decided that I want to consciously write about what I think about things. I find that my favorite posts are ones that simply talk about how I see things. And that can encompass anything - either what's going on with me at the moment, or what I think about world issues, or whatever. I've also been toying with the idea of some creative writing projects... well, we'll see how it goes. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger renee said…

    those are my favorite of your posts, too, laura.

     
  • At 2:02 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger Jordan said…

    Not to get into semantics, but isn't a wall just a type of boundary? Walls are valuable in the sense of getting oneself through the tough times. You pretend difficult things don't hurt until, eventually, they quit hurting. That's how the theory goes at least. It seems to be an operating philosophy more frequently among guys than it is among you all.

    Glad to know other people are guilty of messing up their sleep cycles on weekends too.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, September 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey guys!

    Renee - thanks!

    Jordan - My use of the boundries/walls deal was within the understanding that boundries are voluntary devices set into play that are there for positive reasons, while walls are mainly involuntary and can have more negative consequences. Sorry I didn't fully explain it. In the future I'll distinguish more - maybe a velvet rope vs. and concrete slab. :)

    Perhaps the "ostritch" theory is used by men more than women. I personally prefer confrontation, both in an outward sence with other people and an inward sence with looking at myself and my motivations.
    I don't like living in the grey area. But, different people process things differently. I think that as long as you honestly deal with things and move on healthily (is that a word?), its ok.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, September 27, 2005, Blogger b-nut said…

    I look forward to some of that creative writing if you ever can find the time to get around to it...I know how that goes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home