Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My Thanksgiving

I went back to the magical world of Green Bay, Wisconsin for Thanksgiving - that's where my family lives. A trip home to my family always consists of horseback riding with my mom, going fishing if the weather permits, seeing my best friend from high school and her kids, seeing my little sister and her son, and watching the James Bond marathon on TBS with the whole family. Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of that stuff, because I didn't remember to take any. Here's what I did get:

I took a spin around town, and stopped by Lambeau Field.



The statue is, of course, Curly Lambeau. Here's a closeup:



There's one other statue across the way, that being the big man himself: Vinny Lombardi



Here's a picture of my adorable nephew Dominic, complete with "Newsie" hat and my puppy Princess. This was Thanksgiving Day. During dinner, I suggested that he try some of the potatoes. He responded with a big smile and "Ok, your highness". That caused my dad to laugh so hard he almost spit turkey at me. I don't know where kids get this stuff.



The next day, my sister Michelle, Ben, and my nephew Dominic went to a play area that had those huge inflatable, bouncy deals to play on. Here's Dominic and me going down the big slide:



My sister and I also tried to get a shot of us going down together:




Next, we moved onto a big, mountain-ish bouncy thing.



Everything was going fine, until my sister proclaimed herself "King of the Mountain".



I, of course, had to knock her down a peg or two.



Next, my parents (I think my mom might be secretly flipping me off in this shot)



and I went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house to eat leftovers and play poker. Poker is big at any of our family gatherings. Usually, my grandparents clean us out. This year, they have alzheimer's and can't remember how to play. Oh yeah, time to win some of my money back!



Yeah, that's a bowl of gravy with a spoon in it. Jealous? I know you are. That bowl of gravy was perfectly suitable for ladeling gravy onto my turkey and stuffing sandwich and then dipping the sandwich into it. Ain't nothing better.

I had a great Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to Christmas. I've decided that three months is too long to go without seeing my family. Besides, my little nephew just named his favorite truck "Aunt Laura". How could anyone stay away from that. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, December 01, 2005, Blogger chen said…

    Laura, you have way to many pictures up. But they are all very cute, so I guess that makes it forgivable.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, December 01, 2005, Blogger Jordan said…

    Laura, I would just like to say that I don't think you have too many pictures up, despite what our kind management friend might think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home