Complicated System
I've been thinking a lot lately about God and people. Sometimes its difficult to see the congregruity between knowing that God is God and that he created us to praise Him for His own sake, and knowing that He is a God who pursues us to the farthermost reaches. I think about myself all day long. I pray for myself, I think about my future and what I want, I basicaly see the world in relation to me. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. It is true that we should think of others before ourselves and God above all, but that's not really what I'm talking about right now. I think the problem is, that when I get to thinking that I should praise and worship God at all times no matter how I'm feeling because its not about me, its about God, I get to feeling like I have to pursue Him. Then I can't see how He is all that loving, and my whole picture of Him gets thrown out of whack. I need to remember that God created me to be pursued. He's the one that comes to me, because without Him I can do no good thing. Therefore, I should be concerned with me. He needs to be praised, because He is worthy of praise, so He created me. But, I need to be pursued by Him in order to even start to have the kind of heart He wants to praise Him. And all this because He wants people who will choose to praise Him instead of mindless robots who are commanded to. It's confusing, but it does make sence when you think that God is love, therefore genuine (not robot) love is what He truely wants. Its a complicated system for a complicated God and His complicated people, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home