Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Mail Call!

We got some interesting mail at the office today. Specifically, we received a card in the mail from a man desiring to spread some Christmas cheer. Let's take a look:


So ok. It's a Christmas card. I don't quite get the wedding cake deal. It's obvious he made this card on his own at home. Perhaps he thought it was a birthday cake? And let's just overlook the comma floating at the bottom of the page on it's own. Everyone makes a typo once in a while.

The inside of the card looks like this:



Points for playing with the font and color options on his PC here. We don't have any verse references, but it's safe to assume these are Biblical. To recap, so far we have Jesus as being Son of the Living God, God's Son, and a "Savioir". This guy's Christian and he wants to make Christian Christmas cards with a wedding cake on the front. I'm cool with it.

But then here comes the back:


Wow. I don't quite know what to say. Apparently when Santa asked this guy what he wanted for Christmas, his only wish was to whoop someone's ass this Holiday season. I think if I were making Christmas cards for people and wanted to include my picture, the shot where I'm super pissed off wouldn't be my first choice. Honestly sir, I'm not going to argue that Jesus is the lover of your soul and to serve God will always be your goal. I don't want any trouble here.

You should know that this guy doesn't go to the church. I think it's funny that a total stranger would send a threatening Christmas card about his beliefs to a church. He ends his card with an ominous "Who do you say that He is?" which I think is more in the spirit of "Who do you say that He is, punk?!" And he gives his change of address, (though we have no idea who he is in the first place) which I covered up. It's for your own good. I don't think anyone out there really wants a piece of this guy.

Merry Christmas everyone!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:22 PM, December 17, 2007, Blogger Mike said…

    Who's berthday is it?

     
  • At 4:34 AM, December 18, 2007, Blogger SK said…

    Haha! I just about lost it. That's not too far from some of the cards here. But so random to send it to a church! Ha.

    Miss you lady. :)

     
  • At 10:32 AM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    Mike: :) I didn't even notice that before. Nice.

    Sarah: Really? You get cards like this all the time?

     
  • At 12:40 PM, December 19, 2007, Blogger Colleen said…

    You seriously got this!!!! And yeah - I was going to comment on the "berthday."

    Why? Why was this sent? That is my question.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, December 19, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    Beans - aparently the church has some learning to do about Jesus, by gunpoint if necessary. :)

     
  • At 4:45 PM, December 27, 2007, Blogger Kerby and Cristina said…

    Laura, props for sharing this one-of-a-kind card witht he rest of us who work for offices where you can't have trees, santas or anything that represents "Christ" in any way. Forbid that we should offend someone by remembering WHY we even have this holiday to begin with. But I'll skip on the angry homemade picture cards...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home