Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Caption Contest!

Ok guys. We all know that different people can have wildly differing sences of humor. We all think different things are funny. I happen to think that this (below) is extremely funny:


I mean, just look at this ridiculous thing. It's a small, ceramic statue featuring a girl winning a track/cross country race. Coming along to celebrate with her are two angel-like creatures who also appear to be young boys. On of them is wearing a hat that says "personal trainer" on it.

Now, my question obviously is, what's happening here? Does this girl have no other friends/family to help her train or be there for her to celebrate her win? Does she really only have fictional angel boys to hang with? And why boys? Don't girls her age usually play with other girls? Just what the hell is going on here?

Seriously, people. Someone somewhere actually bought this thing. The least we can do is caption it. Show me what ya got.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, August 31, 2007, Blogger Mike said…

    "TO-GA, TO-GA, TO-GA, TO-GA!!!"

     
  • At 4:38 PM, August 31, 2007, Blogger Mark said…

    I don't have a simple caption, but after writing my latest blog (!!!) it reminds me of what school races should be like. Every finisher should get a fresh ribbon or whatever to celebrate their victory and angels should cheer for them...or the secular version of angels. Then they should all get ribbons that say "#1" and everyone should hug...well hugs might be too physical...maybe winks. Then the entire class should stand on the top of the podium together for a picture and the caption will read "all-star athletes tie for first place because they are all super gifted and incredible people." OK, I quit.

     
  • At 4:41 PM, August 31, 2007, Blogger Mark said…

    then the teacher gives them all A's so no one feels bad. They all go on to universities and fail miserably.

    OK, my short version is "yay, we're idiots."

     
  • At 5:17 PM, September 02, 2007, Blogger Mark said…

    And I just thought of a new fashion trend that could make you millions. I suggest getting the help of Colleen since she likes fashion. We will work out how much of a cut I get for the idea later. Ok, here it is. Down jackets filled with the feathers of angel wings. We could have a unicorn brand too. Free-range unicorns for the animal lovers. And for those fashion orientated males that think unicorns are a little too girlie....leather jackets made from hombre lobos. I forget what they are in English...those things that turn into half man/wolf during a full moon.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, September 03, 2007, Blogger Mark said…

    And someone told me that unicorns don't have wings. My mistake. You can be sure that anytime I am talking about unicorns I actually have no idea what I am talking about...even if I sound confident and cite my sources...I make those up too.

    I hope I've commented on your blog enough. I will stop now

     
  • At 10:41 AM, September 04, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    Mike: Nice work!

    Mark: I love you. :)

    PS. Mike: I love you too - don't feel left out.

    PS. Mark: Beanie and I can get the fashion going if you'll be our hunter and bag all these creatures. That way no one will ever think you're gay, because shooting unicorns is the ultimate hetero male activity, in my opinion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home