iphone!
So, last Friday I was innocently at Southdale Center in Edina, MN to have dinner with a friend at the Cheesecake Factory. Arriving early to put our name in for a table, I decided to amuse myself by waltzing around the mall for a bit. Imagine my surprise when I turned around the corner to see a mob formed in front of the Apple Store (or Mac Store - whatever it's actually called. I call it the Apple Store because of the picture of an apple on it). Apparently, the iphone! was about to go on sale, and the world was a-clatter with excitement. Not one to miss an opportunity to report on such a historic event, I grabbed my video camera. The following is what went down:
I'd just like it to be known that I tried very hard not to say the word "geek" in those videos. Whenever you hear a rather lengthy pause, as in "There sure are a lot of people lined up to watch the... ... um... people buying the iphone" or "keep the mob away from the... ... iphone enthusiasts", that's me trying not to call them geeks. Because hey - I love me a cute little apple geek or two, especially if they're all metro'd up. That's the best of both worlds put together. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my roving reporter skillz. Cheers!
I'd just like it to be known that I tried very hard not to say the word "geek" in those videos. Whenever you hear a rather lengthy pause, as in "There sure are a lot of people lined up to watch the... ... um... people buying the iphone" or "keep the mob away from the... ... iphone enthusiasts", that's me trying not to call them geeks. Because hey - I love me a cute little apple geek or two, especially if they're all metro'd up. That's the best of both worlds put together. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my roving reporter skillz. Cheers!

3 Comments:
At 11:19 AM, July 05, 2007,
Mike said…
I'm pretty sure pink-shirt-guy had a video camera too... I'll check youtube for the "first person" view of what it's like to be first in line to get an iPhone. Statistically 2/3 of those people still can't connect to the AT&T network and 100% don't have a warranty. Careful!
At 5:24 PM, July 05, 2007,
Colleen said…
OK. My cube neighbor, who's a lot wealthier than me and is currently jetting off to London for fun this wknd just bought the iPhone. He ordered it and was complaining that he hadn't received it yet. This was our email conversation today, after he left for London:
-----Original Message-----
From: Emmette, Eric
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 1:25 PM
To: Callahan, Colleen
Subject:
How is that work thing going?
My iPhone was just delivered - YIPPIE!!!!!
----- Original Message -----
From: Callahan, Colleen
To: Emmette, Eric
Sent: Thu Jul 05 13:27:58 2007
Subject: RE:
Sweet!!! Stop by and give me my phone. Don't worry, you won't bother me I'm just browsing pictures on facebook. I wanna see the iPhone!!
From: Emmette, Eric
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:00 PM
To: Callahan, Colleen
Subject: Re:
I need to make sure it works before I give up my phone...
-----Original Message-----
From: Emmette, Eric
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:00 PM
To: Callahan, Colleen
Subject: Re:
The iPhone is very cool.
You should get one...
----- Original Message -----
From: Callahan, Colleen
To: Emmette, Eric
Sent: Thu Jul 05 16:01:30 2007
Subject: RE:
Um, yeah, I'll get right on that with ALL THE MONEY I have....
-----Original Message-----
From: Emmette, Eric
To: Callahan, Colleen
Two words: Risk Management
SO moral of the story. We should all go into risk management. Because that is what he does and then we could all have iPhones. Instead, I just get his old phone. This was the longest comment ever. Goodbye.
At 11:49 AM, July 06, 2007,
Laura Ibsen said…
Colleen: I've never had anyone post an entire email conversation into my comments section before. You get a gold star for today. :)
Mike: Hi!
Post a Comment
<< Home