Reviews you can use:
So, another middle aged man at my work just came by. This one is our custodian. He knows that I like chocolate, so he goes out of his way to save fun desserts for me when they get donated to my non-profit. This time, he put some of those Dove chocolates on my desk.

These have the little sayings on the inside of the wrappers. The one I ate said, "When two hearts race, both win." I think that this saying proably pertains to heart's racing together as a part of a shared joy and wonderment in responce to them being romantically involved with each other, (as opposed to two people being lost or fighting to the death or something like that) and probably meant for the upcoming Valentine's Day.
If that's the case, the people who are going to eat the most of these are probably not the ones in relationships. No - I'm guessing the ones chowing on these during V-day are single, sad, depressed people. In which case, sayings like that are just another twist of the knife.
Hmmm... maybe I should eat another one to see if the same theme persists.....
Ok. The next one said "Go to your special place." I have no idea what that means, so now I'm totally at a loss.
All in all - I say that Dove Chocolats, while being good, are wasting their time with their dumb "fortune cookie" sayings. they're weird, they're confusing, they're probably not worth the ink being used to print them, as most people are probably just going to toss them on route to the chocolate.
So, there you go.
Also, here is a little cartoon that made me laught for about 15 minutes (at work). Guess which one made me laugh the hardest...

These have the little sayings on the inside of the wrappers. The one I ate said, "When two hearts race, both win." I think that this saying proably pertains to heart's racing together as a part of a shared joy and wonderment in responce to them being romantically involved with each other, (as opposed to two people being lost or fighting to the death or something like that) and probably meant for the upcoming Valentine's Day.
If that's the case, the people who are going to eat the most of these are probably not the ones in relationships. No - I'm guessing the ones chowing on these during V-day are single, sad, depressed people. In which case, sayings like that are just another twist of the knife.
Hmmm... maybe I should eat another one to see if the same theme persists.....
Ok. The next one said "Go to your special place." I have no idea what that means, so now I'm totally at a loss.
All in all - I say that Dove Chocolats, while being good, are wasting their time with their dumb "fortune cookie" sayings. they're weird, they're confusing, they're probably not worth the ink being used to print them, as most people are probably just going to toss them on route to the chocolate.
So, there you go.
Also, here is a little cartoon that made me laught for about 15 minutes (at work). Guess which one made me laugh the hardest...

6 Comments:
At 9:58 PM, January 23, 2006,
renee said…
yes. dove chocolates. and all the tv shows on valentine's day are about valentine's day. as if anyone at home watching television on february 14th wants to be reminded....
At 12:22 AM, January 24, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Don't feel so bad... I actually have to go BUY something for my wife now :-/ Now how come *I* don't get anything?!
At 12:37 AM, January 24, 2006,
Anonymous said…
There should be reality chocolates. You know...with sayings like "when two hearts race, both eventually get tired and irritable."
At 11:37 AM, January 24, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Renee: You're right. The only people wathcing TV on V-day are either single, dating someone but their out of town, or on a really lousy date. All of them would probably want to watch something besides shows on love.
Ken: you get the wife. Smile and be grateful, and go get her a present. :)
Brett: Good thoughts - I like it. I'd but the "reality" bag before I bought the stupid "love" bag.
At 4:14 PM, January 24, 2006,
Kevin Sawyer said…
Reality statements could include
"Your spouse thinks your fat. This won't help matters."
"Enjoy your singleness while it..... sorry, I just couldn't say that one with a straight face."
"The human is heart is far more disgusting in real life."
"Children are dying in Africa, and pretty much everywhere else, too. But no, enjoy the chocolate."
At 12:07 AM, January 27, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hey! I'm not a shabby catch myself! Oh well, I'll bite the bullet and buy her something :)
Post a Comment
<< Home