Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A nice reminder...

Well, the countdown has begun. In less that 24 hours, I will kiss 1/4 of my life goodbye. This is my last day at 25. Remember when I said I was ok with the whole age thing? I lied. I walk around feeling like 23 most days, so being 26 tomorrow seem out of place. I had a year to get used to 25, but didn't quite manage to do it. I wonder if it'll ever catch up to me... Well, I'm sure feeling younger than you are is a very good think once you atually start getting old.

I just got a birthday card from our bookkeeper at work - a very nice lady that helps to make this place a better place to be. In it, she wrote:

Dear laura,

I also thank and praise God for bringing you to (my work). He has gifted you in so many ways and you share them willingly with us - and with me, patiently as I ask the same questions over and over. You are His gift to us!

May your birthday be very special, a day that is the beginning of a year filled with God's blessings and graced by His love.

I love you.


I can't tell you how nice it is to hear things like that once in a while. I usually think of myself as quite controlling at work. That is because I am very controlling person throughout all aspects of life. But with that, comes lots of unnattractive qualities if things don't get done "correctly". Let's just say I tend to not be a very easy-going person. So, I usually get so caught up in trying to be better than that and love other people, that I miss out on people trying to love me. Then, a long time will have passed before I realize that I really need to hear that I'm appreciated and accepted for just how I am. What I'm trying to say, is that its really nice to hear that people think you're ok.

So, here I go into 26.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, January 26, 2006, Blogger renee said…

    and i pray that your day is a blessed one... forget about the age thing and think of it as just an annual celebration of YOU!

    happy birthday!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, January 26, 2006, Blogger grubedoo said…

    I turn 29 in another month. I never thought 30 would be a big deal but it's right around the corner and I get small knots in my stomach whenever I think about it.

    Maybe we don't like to get older because age brings more, "what ifs."

     
  • At 11:15 AM, January 26, 2006, Blogger chen said…

    happy birthday to you
    happy birthday to you
    happy birthday dear Laura
    happy birthday to you.

    I hope you have a wonderful day!

     
  • At 12:35 PM, January 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks guys!

     
  • At 2:23 PM, January 26, 2006, Blogger Jordan said…

    Happy birthday Laura!

     
  • At 2:42 PM, January 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jordan! Where have you been? We've all been struggling to get through our days without your blog posts and comments. :)

     
  • At 12:23 AM, January 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy birthday to you!

     
  • At 12:23 AM, January 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    belated

     
  • At 12:57 PM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Jordan said…

    Laura, sorry for my absence. I've actually had a lot of work the last few days and have mostly been stuck in the "classified room" which has no internet access (or windows...or happiness). Speaking of which...it is time once again. Was your birthday exciting!?

     
  • At 11:04 AM, January 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My birthday was really fun! I got flowers sent to my work by a friend, I had three or four different people take me out for dinner/desserts, I got lots of presents (including a flask with my name ingraved on it, a set of beer mugs (theme??), a scarf, lip gloss, new ski mittens, and a gift certificate to a craft store, so that a friend and I can have art days together (actually, we're going to get decal paper so that we can print out some Led Zepplin decals off of her computer and make ourselves some sweet t-shirts.) Plus, we all went out to dinner as a group, and went to The Lodge to go dancing, etc.

    All in all - I got to spend a lot of fun time with some great people. It was one of the best ever. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home