Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Selfishness

Ok - I admit it... I am a very selfish person - and always have been. I usually think about myself first, and how different situations relate to me before any other people. I've always thought of it as a bad thing.

Recently, though, I've recognized that it might now be all that bad. One example is that I love to eat - its makes me happy. I know that with my history of depression and bad body immage, I'd have had an eating disorder a long time ago if I wasn't so selfish. But there's more...

Chew on this: No one can serve God. Ever hear people say that its their life goal to serve God? They're going to be trying for a while. You can't do it - no one can. God doesn't need anyone to serve Him.

Acts 17: 24-25 - "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

In fact, God came to serve us!

Mark 10:45 - "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

I follow God for my own good - because following God is what's best for me. Its one of the most selfish things someone can do, if not the most selfish thing, to become a true follower of Christ. We are designed to love to take... its a good thing that we have a God who loves to give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home