100 Things About Laura
1. I daydream constantly.
2. I love to paint pictures.
3. I have a nervous twitch where I play with the denim on my jeans - have done it since I was a baby (with the sheets of my crib)
4. I have two parents who always come out to the driveway and wave goodbye to me when I leave home.
5. I have a beautiful sister who's done a lot of modeling and was in a swimsuit calender last year. She can't fathom why anyone would want to look different than they do.
6. I have a cute little nephew who just turned three. We had a Spiderman birthday party for him.
7. There's never been a job that I've wanted, or trips that I need to go on, or stuff I needed to have. The only thing I've ever really wanted to was to belong - to love and be loved.
8. I feel alone alot.
9. I'm an ENFJ (Extravert, Intuition, Feeling, Judging)
10. It usually takes over a year of hanging out to get to know me.
11. I've never had a boyfriend.
12. I hate my tummy.
13. I was sucididally depressed by the age of six.
14. I would have killed myself, but went to Sunday School and found out that "Thou shalt not kill" means yourself too, and I didn't want God to be mad at me.
15. My parents have still never known about my depression.
16. I love the Packers!!!
17. I have a dog named Princess, who is the best dog in the world. She once jumped up and caught a bird in mid air, and killed it.
18. I have to move every year because my roomates keep getting married.
19. I was a championship equestrian show-jumper.
20. I lead praise and worship for four years at the U of Mn Navs.
21. I would rather live in the mountains than by the ocean.
22. I'm a planner.
23. I'm a worrier.
24. I don't really have any regrets about the past.
25. Maybe that means I shouldn't worry so much :)
26. I think that I'm attractive in a lot of ways, but still rather unattractive because my weight trumps everything else.
27. I've chosen to follow Jesus with all of my life.
28. I voted for Bush (twice).
29. I'm in the running for a job in youth ministry at Grace Church of Eden Prairie.
30. When I say I'm going to do something, I do it.
31. I'm very loyal.
32. I sometimes imagine people around me getting shot or run over by buses. I attribute it to too many movies, and an overactive imagination. Still, it freaks me out.
33. I love to see the intricate ways that God has created everything, and the way He influences our world.
34. I like to swear, but should probably cut down.
35. I'm very selfish.
36. One of my biggest dreams is to fall in love with someone who I actually like, and who loves me back, and to get married.
37. I've never wanted to have kids.
38. I don't like a lot of committment, but when I take something on I do it forever.
39. I'm constantly self-analyzing.
40. I internalize most everything.
41. I'm logical and usually think like a guy.
42. I'm not flirty at all.
43. My face always gives away what I'm thinking.
44. I like confrontation - I hate living in the grey area.
45. I once had a friend tell me that I'm only fun to hang out with when I'm in a good mood.
46. I think I have a very noble charecter, but am also always discovering things to improve on.
47. I wish I could see myself and the world the way God does more often.
48. I'm honest and don't play games.
49. I'm very detailed.
50. My ideal vacation would be going around the world with a group of people and touring places with ancient ruins.
51. I've seen love transform people.
52. I've fallen into the trap of people-pleasing.
53. I get jealous often.
54. I have once physically seen Jesus. He hugged me and said "Its alright Laura, I love you".
55. I love living in the Twin Cities.
56. I'm very organized.
57. I want to be a warrior - I want to stand in a field and see if I could take on an army of 600 men.
58. At the same time, I can't imagine how anyone could not love everyone else around them and wish for their best interests.
59. I know thousands of song lyrics.
60. I love to do things I've never done before.
61. I believe in miracles.
62. I need a few minutes to warm up to each new social situation, and it helps greatly if people welcome me.
63. I need to feel like people really have my back.
64. I need to be in control, but will hapily give control over to someone if I trust them (because then control is still there).
65. I'm a follower, not a leader.
66. I've been greately blessed in my life.
67. I used to be fluent in American Sign Language, but am kind of rusty now.
68. The only times I feel really bad are when I haven't been loving toward someone.
69. I can speak in front of a large group, but would rather hang out with a couple of close friends.
70. I'm 25.
71. I've never had a favorite color, food, song, ect.
72. I have an excellent memory.
73. I'm impatient.
74. I'm intellegent and have a dry sense of humor.
75. The only sport that I'm naturally great at is downhill skiing (that I know of so far).
76. I'd love to be able to take my car's engine apart and put it back together again.
77. I'd love to try surfing.
78. I can apreciate many different senses of humor.
79. I can't stand it when people take advantage of people weaker than themselves.
80. I can see the details, but rarely the big picture.
81. I get bored easily.
82. I'd rather listen to a fun song with a horrible message, than a boring song with a great message (hence why I shyed away from Christian music for so long).
83. Everyone deserves many second chances.
84. I don't believe in coincidences.
85. I like people who are real.
86. My spiritual gifts (as I understand, so far) are:
-Helps - the ability to work alongside another and help that person complete the task God has given them with a servant attitude, loyalty, attention to detail, and responsiveness to the initiatives of others
-Serving - the desire to help meet the physical needs of others and a strong ability to identify those needs
-Faith - the ability to confidently believe God for changes and spiritual growth that will enhance the purposes of God, quick to believe God for things they may never see
-Administration - the ability to organize information and things to work efficiently in the Body of Christ
87. I played the french horn for seven years.
88. I was probably fishing before I could walk (my parents are hard-core).
89. I know I was swimming before I could walk.
90. I hate it when I take the time to find out about people and they don't return the favor.
91. I usually fall for a certian type of guy.
92. My favorite Will Farrel SNL scetchs are: Robert Goullet and the Old Prospector.
93. I like to hide.
94. I've gotten three speeding tickets in my life. One time the cop told me where every other cop was until I was at my destination, and exactly how fast I should be going when I passed them. Another time the cop gave me his number and wanted me to call him if I had any "questions".
95. I wish more than anything that I could be a loving person, and want the best for other people instead of myself first.
96. I love to drive around and listen to music.
97. I can't finish a whole beer.
98. I hate feeling left out.
99. I often wonder if the things I think about are things I should be thinking about.
100. I love to observe people and find out what makes them laugh and why they act the way they do - its so easy to love people when you know where they're coming from.
2. I love to paint pictures.
3. I have a nervous twitch where I play with the denim on my jeans - have done it since I was a baby (with the sheets of my crib)
4. I have two parents who always come out to the driveway and wave goodbye to me when I leave home.
5. I have a beautiful sister who's done a lot of modeling and was in a swimsuit calender last year. She can't fathom why anyone would want to look different than they do.
6. I have a cute little nephew who just turned three. We had a Spiderman birthday party for him.
7. There's never been a job that I've wanted, or trips that I need to go on, or stuff I needed to have. The only thing I've ever really wanted to was to belong - to love and be loved.
8. I feel alone alot.
9. I'm an ENFJ (Extravert, Intuition, Feeling, Judging)
10. It usually takes over a year of hanging out to get to know me.
11. I've never had a boyfriend.
12. I hate my tummy.
13. I was sucididally depressed by the age of six.
14. I would have killed myself, but went to Sunday School and found out that "Thou shalt not kill" means yourself too, and I didn't want God to be mad at me.
15. My parents have still never known about my depression.
16. I love the Packers!!!
17. I have a dog named Princess, who is the best dog in the world. She once jumped up and caught a bird in mid air, and killed it.
18. I have to move every year because my roomates keep getting married.
19. I was a championship equestrian show-jumper.
20. I lead praise and worship for four years at the U of Mn Navs.
21. I would rather live in the mountains than by the ocean.
22. I'm a planner.
23. I'm a worrier.
24. I don't really have any regrets about the past.
25. Maybe that means I shouldn't worry so much :)
26. I think that I'm attractive in a lot of ways, but still rather unattractive because my weight trumps everything else.
27. I've chosen to follow Jesus with all of my life.
28. I voted for Bush (twice).
29. I'm in the running for a job in youth ministry at Grace Church of Eden Prairie.
30. When I say I'm going to do something, I do it.
31. I'm very loyal.
32. I sometimes imagine people around me getting shot or run over by buses. I attribute it to too many movies, and an overactive imagination. Still, it freaks me out.
33. I love to see the intricate ways that God has created everything, and the way He influences our world.
34. I like to swear, but should probably cut down.
35. I'm very selfish.
36. One of my biggest dreams is to fall in love with someone who I actually like, and who loves me back, and to get married.
37. I've never wanted to have kids.
38. I don't like a lot of committment, but when I take something on I do it forever.
39. I'm constantly self-analyzing.
40. I internalize most everything.
41. I'm logical and usually think like a guy.
42. I'm not flirty at all.
43. My face always gives away what I'm thinking.
44. I like confrontation - I hate living in the grey area.
45. I once had a friend tell me that I'm only fun to hang out with when I'm in a good mood.
46. I think I have a very noble charecter, but am also always discovering things to improve on.
47. I wish I could see myself and the world the way God does more often.
48. I'm honest and don't play games.
49. I'm very detailed.
50. My ideal vacation would be going around the world with a group of people and touring places with ancient ruins.
51. I've seen love transform people.
52. I've fallen into the trap of people-pleasing.
53. I get jealous often.
54. I have once physically seen Jesus. He hugged me and said "Its alright Laura, I love you".
55. I love living in the Twin Cities.
56. I'm very organized.
57. I want to be a warrior - I want to stand in a field and see if I could take on an army of 600 men.
58. At the same time, I can't imagine how anyone could not love everyone else around them and wish for their best interests.
59. I know thousands of song lyrics.
60. I love to do things I've never done before.
61. I believe in miracles.
62. I need a few minutes to warm up to each new social situation, and it helps greatly if people welcome me.
63. I need to feel like people really have my back.
64. I need to be in control, but will hapily give control over to someone if I trust them (because then control is still there).
65. I'm a follower, not a leader.
66. I've been greately blessed in my life.
67. I used to be fluent in American Sign Language, but am kind of rusty now.
68. The only times I feel really bad are when I haven't been loving toward someone.
69. I can speak in front of a large group, but would rather hang out with a couple of close friends.
70. I'm 25.
71. I've never had a favorite color, food, song, ect.
72. I have an excellent memory.
73. I'm impatient.
74. I'm intellegent and have a dry sense of humor.
75. The only sport that I'm naturally great at is downhill skiing (that I know of so far).
76. I'd love to be able to take my car's engine apart and put it back together again.
77. I'd love to try surfing.
78. I can apreciate many different senses of humor.
79. I can't stand it when people take advantage of people weaker than themselves.
80. I can see the details, but rarely the big picture.
81. I get bored easily.
82. I'd rather listen to a fun song with a horrible message, than a boring song with a great message (hence why I shyed away from Christian music for so long).
83. Everyone deserves many second chances.
84. I don't believe in coincidences.
85. I like people who are real.
86. My spiritual gifts (as I understand, so far) are:
-Helps - the ability to work alongside another and help that person complete the task God has given them with a servant attitude, loyalty, attention to detail, and responsiveness to the initiatives of others
-Serving - the desire to help meet the physical needs of others and a strong ability to identify those needs
-Faith - the ability to confidently believe God for changes and spiritual growth that will enhance the purposes of God, quick to believe God for things they may never see
-Administration - the ability to organize information and things to work efficiently in the Body of Christ
87. I played the french horn for seven years.
88. I was probably fishing before I could walk (my parents are hard-core).
89. I know I was swimming before I could walk.
90. I hate it when I take the time to find out about people and they don't return the favor.
91. I usually fall for a certian type of guy.
92. My favorite Will Farrel SNL scetchs are: Robert Goullet and the Old Prospector.
93. I like to hide.
94. I've gotten three speeding tickets in my life. One time the cop told me where every other cop was until I was at my destination, and exactly how fast I should be going when I passed them. Another time the cop gave me his number and wanted me to call him if I had any "questions".
95. I wish more than anything that I could be a loving person, and want the best for other people instead of myself first.
96. I love to drive around and listen to music.
97. I can't finish a whole beer.
98. I hate feeling left out.
99. I often wonder if the things I think about are things I should be thinking about.
100. I love to observe people and find out what makes them laugh and why they act the way they do - its so easy to love people when you know where they're coming from.

3 Comments:
At 5:28 PM, August 23, 2005,
Laura Ibsen said…
Oh my gosh! That sounds crazy. I'd probably get my butt kicked... no.. that's not right. I'd be more likely to do some sort of illegal maneuver and get kicked out (or break someone's ankle...) :)
At 9:38 AM, August 24, 2005,
renee said…
laura - it is definitely to your credit how well you have gotten to know yourself. the more aware you are of both your strengths and your demons, the more easily God will be able to mold and use you.
and yes. let's go to ren fest. i owe you a date after all! (although i don't know if it counts if it was your idea...)
At 11:27 AM, August 24, 2005,
Laura Ibsen said…
Sweet! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home