Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Weekend Details

So, I had a really fun time last weekend. First, I took a half-day on Thursday and went to Green Bay. Then, early on Friday morning, my sister, my best friend from high school, and her sister trucked off to Gurnee, IL, to Six Flags "Great America". We spent an awesome day hitting such rollercoasters as Superman, Batman, Raging Bull, and the Iron Wolf. I was happy to discover that they'd taken down all of the rides I hated (including some hanging basket ride that was supposed to be observatory of the park, but it always scared me to be haning from a little cage and rotated slowely around the park).

One new thing that caught my eye: when I wa a kid and went there, the prizes for the games were stuffed replicas of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Now, there's hardly a looney toon to be found - its all Sponge Bob and Blue's Clue's.

Maybe more exciting than the rides, as we were leaving the parking lot, we were in a line of cars waiting to exit. Another line of cars formed to try to merge into our lane. We were nice a let one SUV go in front of us. Then, the SUV behind that decided that he also wanted to go in front of us. He brought his car right up to the side of our car and tried to angle his way in. The problem was that we were at a stand-still, so the only thing he did was almost ram into our car.

At this point, he rolled down his window and yelled "Fuck Off!" at us (with his own wife and children staring at him like he'd lost it). My best friend from high school isn't one to take stuff like that laying down, so she promply flipped him off. I thought we were going to have a problem, but traffic started moving again and he drove off somewhere else.

I was in slight disbelief that someone could yell that way at strangers - he had absolutely no idea who we were! We could have been the Pope for all he knew. I really think that he was so angry and selfish at that moment, that if it weren't illigal, he would have shot us. We were in his way, and he's what was most important to him. Its easy to see that Jesus said that if you hate your brother in your heart, its the same as killing him. I'm not great at loving people either... but loving people in a way that you strive for THEIR best interest instead of your own has been heavily on my heart. Its what I want my life to be about.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was spend fishing with my parents (we went for perch on the bay of Green Bay and I landed about seven), playing with my three-year-old nephew (who now calls me "Lirla" instead of "Wala") and eating out with my grandparents. My grandpa couldn't get over my beautiful teeth, and my grandma made me promise to not get married until I'm 28. I told her "no problem". :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home