I heard this on the radio this morning:
Accused Serial Rapist Charged
(AP) Minneapolis Minneapolis Police say they have arrested a man they believe to be a serial rapist.
Authorities have charged Anthony Wayne Cannon with three counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct and two counts of first-degree burglary.
The 40-year-old is being charged with raping a developmentally delayed woman, an 89-year-old and a juvenile in separate incidents.
Two of the rapes occurred in December and one in April. The complaint alleges that in all three cases, Cannon forced the women to take a shower before assaulting them.
He is being held at Hennepin County Jail.
I know this man. He's one of the clients at my work. (I work in inner-city non-profit ministry in the Phillips Neighborhood.) Its funny, but I'm not that shaken up about this. This man has been here numerous times, and I'm sure I'm surrounded by people who've done this and worse every day.
When I told the director about this, he simply said "Well, it just goes to show you that God is protecting this place and all of us in ways we don't even know". He's right. I've seen the enemy hit this place with some heafty persecution, and I've seen God protect this place in miraculous ways. This organization is doing some great and valuable work, and I'm proud to be a part of it right now. Its a good thing. :)
(AP) Minneapolis Minneapolis Police say they have arrested a man they believe to be a serial rapist.
Authorities have charged Anthony Wayne Cannon with three counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct and two counts of first-degree burglary.
The 40-year-old is being charged with raping a developmentally delayed woman, an 89-year-old and a juvenile in separate incidents.
Two of the rapes occurred in December and one in April. The complaint alleges that in all three cases, Cannon forced the women to take a shower before assaulting them.
He is being held at Hennepin County Jail.
I know this man. He's one of the clients at my work. (I work in inner-city non-profit ministry in the Phillips Neighborhood.) Its funny, but I'm not that shaken up about this. This man has been here numerous times, and I'm sure I'm surrounded by people who've done this and worse every day.
When I told the director about this, he simply said "Well, it just goes to show you that God is protecting this place and all of us in ways we don't even know". He's right. I've seen the enemy hit this place with some heafty persecution, and I've seen God protect this place in miraculous ways. This organization is doing some great and valuable work, and I'm proud to be a part of it right now. Its a good thing. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home