Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Rivalry

So, I got into work today with a splitting headache. I immmediately did a Marilyn Monroe impression and downed a Starbucks frap/Advil Migrade med cocktail. (Ok, so Marilyn's was probably a vodka/uppers/quailudes cocktail... but ok well).

Next I turned on my computer and saw this:

The 10 easiest NFL teams to hate
-Randy Hill / Special to FOXSports.com


#3 The Green Bay Packers

"As a lad, I used to sit around the cave and use my torch to read Packer-related etchings on the walls. I was fan enough to know that Fuzzy Thurston was not an umbrella drink.

Brett Favre's recent mistakes in postseason play have cost the Packers chances at glory.

But I have to acknowledge the contemporary Packers' potential for peripheral hate.

Let's start with Brett Favre, a truly great quarterback recently admired for overcoming one personal crisis after another.

It's too bad that much of his on-field greatness is tempered by even worse decision-making than what was accomplished by the people who used to dress Cher.

Teaming up with Brett to unnerve fans and gamblers is running back Ahman Green, a certified star whose acute fumbling continued until he received a wrist-accessory tip from John Madden.

Note: The Lambeau Leap had enough vertical to jump the shark years ago.

I also refuse to embrace the cheesehead-triangle hat until someone wears a lid that resembles a wine bottle."

I thought of writing a pithie email response to Mr. Hill along the lines of:



Dear Mr. Hill of Fox Sports News:

Get bent.

Sincerely,
Laura J. Ibsen



But being a lady, I restrained myself. Besides, I often hear rants against the Pack, being from Green Bay and living in Minnesota.

I like to consider myself to be a missionary in this land. I am an ambassador - showing the people here that all Packer fans aren't tracter pulling, beer guzzeling, IQ of 7, morons. And yes, whenever I go back to GB, I try to convince them that Minnesotan's aren't, either. :)

If Jews and Gentiles can get along, if the racial devide can be conquered and equality can be found amoung the sexes, I do know that there's hope for Packer fans and Viking fans. (Though you'll have to forgive me as I laugh my head off when we beat you on Monday night football this year!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home