Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Work Mishaps...

Last Friday, I was innocently sitting at my desk at work, minding my own business, when a volunteer came over to chat with me. She sat on the edge of my desk... and then.... BOOM!

Yup - she broke my desk. To be fair, that desk was probably older than I am, and it was probably just its time. The entire end broke, the leg broke off, and everything caved in on itself. My assistant director (bless him) came running over and kept asking "Are you ok? Is your knee ok? Are you ok?" Another guy named Norm had just been sitting on that part of the desk before and had gotten up. He looked very shaken, and I took it upon myself to tell him that he had almost been killed. (insert evil grin)

Don't be worried... I'm fine. My desk, however, is dead. Since then, we've been trying to find a replacement desk. Its been tricky, as they want to find a nice desk, preferably an unbreakable receptionis-style desk, for under $200. They say its an "unbudgeted expense".

I have set up shop on the volunteer's desk, leaving them without a place to be. Also, I haven't gotten any work done this week. Sigh.

I wrote a hykue for the occasion:

Oh, once sturdy desk
I hope she won't sit on me
As she sat on you

Here's to hoping we find a desk out there today. If not, I was informed that we'll need to try to fix the broken one. Right now its perched on three cinder blocks and leaning slightly to the right. Sigh.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home