Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Letter

I work in the inner-city of Minneapolis right now. I'm pretty good at shutting off my emotional responses to the people who come in. Its just a sad cycle that goes arround and arround - people don't have good parents, they don't feel loved, they don't have good role models, then they grow up to be the same way to their kids. I do see each person as an individual, or at least try to, but I just can't allow myself to feel for them, because I'd never be able to function. Its the same way an ER doctor can't feel for all of his patients, or else he wouldn't be able to function because so many of them die on the table. Its a good thing - it keeps people working in the inner-city and helping others.

With that in mind - I got a letter today that made me feel for its author. The author wrote in anonymously, so I decided to reprint it here, unedited (except for the phone number):

"My mom used to volunteer there before she got sick. She enjoyed it very much. She gets your letter. She continued to support CES. We have given food.

We enjoyed both stories in your letter about the man who was unemployed and had an accident with a person who was looking for a worker, and the one about the janitor who got angery and killed someone - who represented Moses and the burning bush.

Things change we have had to move. My mom after surgury 6 moves in a short time. We had to buy a hospital bed, and a wheel chair, and a walker.

I have had to move. I don't own my own place.

My brothers house we had to do plumming - turned into a 10,000 dollar project and the roof leaks amoung other things.

I struggel to make ends meet. My bills, food, rent, its hard. My ends aren't meeting.

I have tried to help my firend with rent and everything. He needs a job. He needs his apartment because where he was living before there were a lot of parties and drinking. My friend don't want to drink, but alochol is in his family background. He needs money for his family and his niece needs medical work, and he feels like helping because his family calls him always, and he feels irresponsible, and he tells them he's not working now, but its his niece, and that's hard. I have tried to help. I work but my money is gone before I get it trying to survive. Pluss I get taxed high no independents and the IRS is taking extra back taxes. That I have been trying to fix since 2001. I don't think my taxes were done right. Pluss I have had to take out a loan.

My friend needs financial help. I don't know what to do. I have no money to do extra. 2,500 is needed for his niece, my firend worrys aobut that and want to work, but can't find a job. He needs to work. When my friend gets worried, he goes to those friends he used to live with and that's not good they drink.

My friend is Mexican, but does speak English of course Spanish he understands best.

We need food I and him both. We both at times have had a can pop for supper, or popcorn, or shared a dinner.

My friend has eaten at place that serves lunch, but they are only open during the week, and sometimes has an appointment, and don't get there. He says he is still hungry when he leaves there.

I wish he would talk to somebody. Sometimes he says he wants to talk to someone.

He talk of God. When things go good he says God won't leave me. I say no, when God sees you trying he will help. Also when he can't find work he gets depressed, and says God left him.

I pray when things to good he will see God in it. Now his niece is on his mind, and getting work.

I wish someone would call him. His number is ###-###-####. A cel phone. We need to get him a land line, but don't hav emoney. Sometimes the cel phone is off. No money. He needs to cel phone for job calls. His gives places that number. He don't drive, and needs money to get to job interviews. He had a job, but no buses went there, and we can't afford cabs, and this place was a long way away.

I worry about my friend, and his family, and money. I pray, but I don't know what to do.

I also think about my family, and my mom. I try to see her, but I don't drive. I have to walk, and take two buses to get to her, but I need to go to help her, and she looks forward to me coming. She can tell something is wrong. She says to me you need to take care of yourself - but I worry about things.

I don't like the word worry, but things are on my mind. I don't have the answers. I do believe in God and prayer.

I need help I can't do it

If my friend is called don't tell him I said anything. I want God to come through. I am annomous. Thanks."

Doesn't that just make you feel?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home