Aykroyd Mania!
This weekend I did something completely ridiculous. (I know - what are the chances.) I decided to head over to Haskell's Wine over in Minnetonka because I heard that Dan Aykroyd was going to be there selling and signing bottles of his new Dan Aykroyd wine.
You see, I'm managing a silent auction we have coming up at work, so I've been jumping on every opportunity to come up with interesting and unusual auction items. I figured I'd head over there with a Blues Brothers picture I printed out, get a bottle of his wine, have him sign both and be done with it. Half hour tops, right?
Wrong. I got there and the line was already stretched around the block. I guess Minnesotan's love them some Dan Aykroyd.

Amazing. The total wait for me was three hours. Three hours! Oh well - I was bound and determined to get this silent auction item. If anything, the long line confirmed by suspicion that someone, somewhere would actually want this deal. I briefly wondered if it was ok for me to bring in my little picture for me to sign. Those fears were immediately put to rest when I saw that lots of people not only brought outside items to sign, some were actually dressed up like characters he'd played in movies!

Ghostbuster

Blues Brother

This guy was actually pretty attractive. I'd have gone to talk to him, but he was dressed up like a fictional character, in the middle of the day, in public. Alas.

I'm not sure if this dude knows, but I don't think Aykroyd was actually in that movie. Maybe he just really likes that shirt.
Anyway, the weather was beautiful, the people were nice (albeit weird), and three hours later I had my autographed bottle and picture. Holla!
You see, I'm managing a silent auction we have coming up at work, so I've been jumping on every opportunity to come up with interesting and unusual auction items. I figured I'd head over there with a Blues Brothers picture I printed out, get a bottle of his wine, have him sign both and be done with it. Half hour tops, right?
Wrong. I got there and the line was already stretched around the block. I guess Minnesotan's love them some Dan Aykroyd.
Amazing. The total wait for me was three hours. Three hours! Oh well - I was bound and determined to get this silent auction item. If anything, the long line confirmed by suspicion that someone, somewhere would actually want this deal. I briefly wondered if it was ok for me to bring in my little picture for me to sign. Those fears were immediately put to rest when I saw that lots of people not only brought outside items to sign, some were actually dressed up like characters he'd played in movies!
Ghostbuster
Blues Brother
This guy was actually pretty attractive. I'd have gone to talk to him, but he was dressed up like a fictional character, in the middle of the day, in public. Alas.
I'm not sure if this dude knows, but I don't think Aykroyd was actually in that movie. Maybe he just really likes that shirt.
Anyway, the weather was beautiful, the people were nice (albeit weird), and three hours later I had my autographed bottle and picture. Holla!

1 Comments:
At 4:27 PM, March 23, 2009,
Laura Ibsen said…
Click on the pictures for biggness.
Post a Comment
<< Home