It's still cold.
Ok, so for those of you who live in warm climates and have not idea what Minnesota is really like, it's still cold out here. Oh, it got warmer for a little while. I was basking in the 40's for four glorious days or so. But Minnesota is actually just a big tease when it come to weather. Every Spring she flaunts the promise of warmer weather in front of you and then savagely takes it away and you're back to a high of four again. Jerk.
Now, I'm not really one to complain about the cold. I'm a young, middle-class American. I could pack up and find another job in a warmer climate if I really wanted to in a moment's notice. But I like it here, so I stay and try to not complain. I can have a good time no matter what the temp is outside - it doesn't really affect me all that much. My car, however, is a different story.
I recently walked outside to find that my car had a flat tire. This was about midnight, so I just filled the tire up at a gas station and headed home for the night. I figured I'd figure out what to do in the morning. Imagine my surprise when I walked out of my house to find that though the flat tire from last night was still inflated and looking well, another tire had gone flat. Sick.
So, I took the car over to Tires Plus and was informed that my rims were made in such a way that they wear down the rubber around the tires, causing them to leak air and eventually wear out. Yes, that's right. My car is basically a cutter.
So, while the cold doesn't bother me, I've learned that it's especially hard on my poor little cutter car. It's tires are much more apt to go flat when it's freezing out, so I have to make extra sure to check the pressure. Which, is about the suckiest thing to do ever when the air is so cold that it hurts to breathe much less partake in the slow process of filling a tire with air. Great.
Oh well. Summer can't be that far away... right?
Now, I'm not really one to complain about the cold. I'm a young, middle-class American. I could pack up and find another job in a warmer climate if I really wanted to in a moment's notice. But I like it here, so I stay and try to not complain. I can have a good time no matter what the temp is outside - it doesn't really affect me all that much. My car, however, is a different story.
I recently walked outside to find that my car had a flat tire. This was about midnight, so I just filled the tire up at a gas station and headed home for the night. I figured I'd figure out what to do in the morning. Imagine my surprise when I walked out of my house to find that though the flat tire from last night was still inflated and looking well, another tire had gone flat. Sick.
So, I took the car over to Tires Plus and was informed that my rims were made in such a way that they wear down the rubber around the tires, causing them to leak air and eventually wear out. Yes, that's right. My car is basically a cutter.
So, while the cold doesn't bother me, I've learned that it's especially hard on my poor little cutter car. It's tires are much more apt to go flat when it's freezing out, so I have to make extra sure to check the pressure. Which, is about the suckiest thing to do ever when the air is so cold that it hurts to breathe much less partake in the slow process of filling a tire with air. Great.
Oh well. Summer can't be that far away... right?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home