Wonder What The Poor People Are Doing Today!
So, I went back to the magical land of Green Bay for the long weekend. Yes, I got President's Day off because I work at a non-profit. It's ok to be jealous. :) Anyway, remember the article I wrote a week or so ago about the class action suit against some of the major department stores, and how they were giving away free samples? I talked about how easy it would be to go back time and time again since all you had to do was write a name down on a sheet to get a free item. Though, I wrote that it would be unethical to do so.
Well, as I walked into my parents bathroom I quickly discovered that they had no qualms whatsoever about going back multiple times. As I peered around, I saw bottle after bottle of $25 body wash and moisturizer. In fact, they had each gone back TEN times. Are you kidding me!? There were two of them, and they were only supposed to go once. I did a little math there: that means they each got four times what they were supposed to. Geez. Apparently the candy store was open.
So, being the good and virtuous person that I am, I immediately set about trying a different luxury body wash with each shower. I figured the damage was already done, why couldn't I enjoy the spoils? So, what is it like to shower with such high-end soap? Let me answer that with a little story.
My Dad used to have a friend who he would always go boating with. Every time they went, my Dad's friend would be sitting in the boat, looking around, and say "I wonder what the poor people are doing today!" It was a running joke between them, and eventually our whole family. Whenever you get the chance to do something luxurious, you also get to wonder aloud about the plight of the poor people, or anyone who isn't currently doing what you're doing. It's funny.
So, in answer to your question, I'd have to say that taking a shower with rich-folk body wash is like someone liquefying Heaven, bottling it, and then subsequently pouring it onto a loofah. Yes, it's like lathering yourself in Heaven. And, as family tradition states, I could not help but think "I wonder how the poor people are showering today!"
Good Stuff.
Well, as I walked into my parents bathroom I quickly discovered that they had no qualms whatsoever about going back multiple times. As I peered around, I saw bottle after bottle of $25 body wash and moisturizer. In fact, they had each gone back TEN times. Are you kidding me!? There were two of them, and they were only supposed to go once. I did a little math there: that means they each got four times what they were supposed to. Geez. Apparently the candy store was open.
So, being the good and virtuous person that I am, I immediately set about trying a different luxury body wash with each shower. I figured the damage was already done, why couldn't I enjoy the spoils? So, what is it like to shower with such high-end soap? Let me answer that with a little story.
My Dad used to have a friend who he would always go boating with. Every time they went, my Dad's friend would be sitting in the boat, looking around, and say "I wonder what the poor people are doing today!" It was a running joke between them, and eventually our whole family. Whenever you get the chance to do something luxurious, you also get to wonder aloud about the plight of the poor people, or anyone who isn't currently doing what you're doing. It's funny.
So, in answer to your question, I'd have to say that taking a shower with rich-folk body wash is like someone liquefying Heaven, bottling it, and then subsequently pouring it onto a loofah. Yes, it's like lathering yourself in Heaven. And, as family tradition states, I could not help but think "I wonder how the poor people are showering today!"
Good Stuff.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home