Magic On The Ice
So, my Dr. Jack nephew Dominic has started learning how to play hockey. I think this is the fourteenth or fifteenth sport he's in besides football, t-ball, soccer and basketball. He's actually a really good skater - picked it up right away. He says he likes hockey and wants to keep doing it. The only problem is he lacks concentration and tends to forget what he's supposed to be doing. Here's an example:
You'll notice that all the other kids each have their own puck and are supposed to be doing some sort of drill with them. Dom, however, is content to just skate around in circles. Oh, well. He's so darn cute that I really don't care if he's doing everything exactly right.
The other day, for example, I heard that he skated over and checked some kid after a goal had already been scored. Yup - just pushed some poor little kid straight down on the ice when the game wasn't even in play. And you know what? I'm proud. I probably would have cheered if I'd been there, which is why his mother doesn't let me go too much. Something about "de-railing her teachings" or some crap. Whatever - this kid is going places and I'm proud to be his aunt. :)
Love it.
You'll notice that all the other kids each have their own puck and are supposed to be doing some sort of drill with them. Dom, however, is content to just skate around in circles. Oh, well. He's so darn cute that I really don't care if he's doing everything exactly right.
The other day, for example, I heard that he skated over and checked some kid after a goal had already been scored. Yup - just pushed some poor little kid straight down on the ice when the game wasn't even in play. And you know what? I'm proud. I probably would have cheered if I'd been there, which is why his mother doesn't let me go too much. Something about "de-railing her teachings" or some crap. Whatever - this kid is going places and I'm proud to be his aunt. :)
Love it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home