Holy Crap...
It's February already! Sorry for the lack of posting lately. Not to worry - I'm not going to waste both of our time with lame excuses as to why I haven't been writing. I'll just cover it up with the typical "I've been busy" umbrella.
I will, however, tell you that my birthday was on the 26th! It actually was a pretty sweet day. It was on a Saturday, so things were looking up right out of the gate. Here's the highlight reel:
1) Had to go into work at my old job (boo), but it was the very last day (yay)! That was an exceptionally good thing as I'd been really over-worked and over-stressed working both my new job and my old job. But around noon I handed in my last time sheet and hit the road.
2) Took an internet quiz and found out that I am, indeed, the perfect zombie hunter.
3) Got my makeup professionally done and bought earings. The ladies know what I'm talking about.
4) Met up with some friends who made five or six different dishes of home-made Thai food. How sweet is that! (very)
5) Met up with more people and danced it up at The Loop in Mpls. I love my city!
I promise that pictures are forthcoming. That is, if a certain person sends them to me soon (love ya, Beanie). Thanks to everyone who took part in the action and to everyone who wishes now that they would have. Y'all are the greatest! Until next time (hopefully sooner rather than later)!
I will, however, tell you that my birthday was on the 26th! It actually was a pretty sweet day. It was on a Saturday, so things were looking up right out of the gate. Here's the highlight reel:
1) Had to go into work at my old job (boo), but it was the very last day (yay)! That was an exceptionally good thing as I'd been really over-worked and over-stressed working both my new job and my old job. But around noon I handed in my last time sheet and hit the road.
2) Took an internet quiz and found out that I am, indeed, the perfect zombie hunter.
Would you survive a zombie attack?
You Did perfect!
You made every move correctly.
3) Got my makeup professionally done and bought earings. The ladies know what I'm talking about.
4) Met up with some friends who made five or six different dishes of home-made Thai food. How sweet is that! (very)
5) Met up with more people and danced it up at The Loop in Mpls. I love my city!
I promise that pictures are forthcoming. That is, if a certain person sends them to me soon (love ya, Beanie). Thanks to everyone who took part in the action and to everyone who wishes now that they would have. Y'all are the greatest! Until next time (hopefully sooner rather than later)!


6 Comments:
At 10:51 PM, February 05, 2008,
Mark said…
-Got my makeup professionally done and bought earings. The ladies know what I'm talking about.
I know what you're talking about as well, and I'm a guy. What does that mean?
At 10:57 AM, February 06, 2008,
Laura Ibsen said…
Hey Mark,
The comment was directed more towards how something like that can make your day awesome, not just the fact that those things do, in fact, exists and that people do them.
;)
At 3:40 PM, February 06, 2008,
Mark said…
Thanks for clarifying. But now that I think about it...I do have a ?.
Why get makeup done by a pro? Won't it just be gone when you take a shower? I must be missing something. Now I am confused. I shouldn't think so hard about things that are comnpletely irrelevant to me.
ha!
At 6:03 PM, February 06, 2008,
Laura Ibsen said…
Well, you get to try something new and look better and/or different than you normally do, often for free. Yes, almost all makeup will eventually come off in the shower. It's just something that you have to do every day, sort of like brushing your teeth.
I'd explain more, but I think you're joking with me rather than really wanting information. :)
At 5:48 PM, February 14, 2008,
Colleen said…
They are all on facebook!!
At 10:54 AM, February 15, 2008,
Laura Ibsen said…
Thanks Bean! :)
Yeah - I was going to post them, but I look like an ogre in every shot so I'm going to refrain. I'm also never going to wear that dress again.
Post a Comment
<< Home