Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

You see - it's not ME that's awkward...

...it's everyone else around me! While moving a few months back, I ran into an old journal entry I'd written back in 2003 while I was at the U. This, I believe, is definitive proof that I'm not the weird one - weirdness just happens around me.

First day of classes today. I had a couple issues in my second class - intro to art history. First, I got one TA very upset at me because I had the audacity to ask her for the syllabus. You see, the lecture hall was pretty big with many rows of seats and one TA was walking down each side of it. They were passing out syllibi, alternating every other row so that everyone got one. A good plan, to be sure. However, I was sitting by myself at the right end of one row, and the next person down from me was a girl at the oposite end of the row. The TA on my side was due to skip my row, leaving the girl at the other end of my row having to walk all the way down to me to pass me a syllabus. To save everyone some trouble, I asked the TA if I could just have one. She informed me that I wasn't sitting in her row. I tried to explain the situation (as it was lost on her). She just got pissed and handed me 10 syllabi.

Later on in the class, the pager that was in my bag went off. Now, I don't own a pager or cell phone, and the one in my bag I had accidentally stolen earlier in the week. I was planning on returning it after this class. At first, I thought that someone else's pager was going off. I was just glad that I wasn't "whoever that idiot is". Panic set in when I realized that "that idiot" was me. I (finally) got the beeping to stop. Unsure of how to turn the pager's power off, I decided that the best thing to do was to take it out into the hallway and leave it there until the end of class. There was a girl out there, who probably thought it was strange that a girl came out of class, put her pager on the ground in the hall, and left it there to go back to class. Oh well. I honestly don't try to be anonying on purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home