Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Has anyone ever said you look just like...?

The other day, I walked out into the waiting area of my work to confer with a client that came in for help with a water shut-off. I chatted with him for a while, then turned to go back to my office. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two Somali guys sitting at a nearby table. They were both looking at me and laughing. When they saw that I was onto them, one of them shurgged and told me that I looked just like Monica Lewinsky.


I was stunned for a moment. Who tells someone that they look like Monica Lewinsky? Now, I don't want to hurt her feelings or anything. Mon - if you're reading this, I'm sorry. Its just that I've never really thought of myself as looking anything like you.

Often, when people tell me that I look like someone famous, its usually Kirstie Alley.


This is another example of something I don't like to hear all that often, especially since that whole "Fat Actress" deal she had going. The only other ones I can think of right now include "that one hot chick from 'ED'"



Or Fergie.


Clearly, all of these women have a lot in common with each other - looks-wise. Now, I don't mind about the last two - because they're hot and all - but Monica Lewinski? My theory is that they probably just don't know all that much about american celebrities, being foreign and all, and just wanted to get my attention. Yup - that's the story I'm sticking with.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger Julie said…

    You definitely look like the one from ED, I didn't even know she was in ED, I was looking up who she was when I saw her in Mona Lisa smile, which I must say you don't look like her when she's in that movie, however, in all the recent pictures of her, you guys could be twins! :)

     
  • At 11:42 AM, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah I know - she's been in a bunch of movies where she looks different than in real life. I think that she's prettier in real life than in her movies - but maybe that's why she keeps getting cast is ditzy characters.

     
  • At 11:46 AM, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, September 16, 2006, Blogger Chris Hill said…

    You should have asked the Somoli guys how they could both look just like OJ Simpson.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mean...but funny. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home