Men are strange.
I'll be out of commission for the next week - until I start my new job on the 16th! Until then, enjoy an interesting look into the male species:
Male Restroom Etiquette
Male Restroom Etiquette
Nobody has any idea what they're doing.
9 Comments:
At 8:26 PM, October 05, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I'll take it as a compliment your effort to copy my blog post :)
At 1:58 AM, October 06, 2006,
Chris Hill said…
That was great! The rules do have some exceptions, though. For instance, if there is a large volume of traffic, all urinals may be used. Another exception is if the urinals have dividers. In both these scenarios, the urinal selection order must be followed, but the "spacer" urinals may be used if all others are full (I don’t know why more restrooms don’t have the dividers - they can’t be too expensive, and they increase efficiency greatly). The principle is to do all one can to be as far away as possible, while still maintaining efficiency.
Regarding talking, it is allowed, but only under certain circumstances. Two friends may talk, as long as the restroom is not crowded, and they are not in the stalls (under normal conditions, however, 2 friends are not allowed to be in the stalls at the same time unless at least one is urinating there due to lack of urinals). The conversation must be light hearted and consist of short, to-the-point statements (or humorous insults), and all activities must be focused on exiting the restroom as soon as possible. One may talk to a stranger as long as there is no eye contact, and the discussion involves a present shared experience (i.e., there are no paper towels), or is necessary for efficient bathroom use and general etiquette.
Other men, please amend as necessary.
At 10:54 AM, October 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Its just so funny to me because women go to the bathroom together for the expressed purpose of chatting with each other. It serves as a social refuge.
At 10:58 AM, October 06, 2006,
Anonymous said…
And yes, Ken, I copied your blog. It was an interesting video and I don't have time right now to write out the witty, intelligent and relevant blog entry I've been thinking about writing. You should be flattered. ;)
At 4:18 PM, October 06, 2006,
Jordan said…
The video is true. You may think it is odd but it makes perfect sense. Also, I fully agree with Chris's qualifier that all urinals may be used in a crowded bathroom.
Women go to the bathroom to talk!? Isn't there enough of that going on already? Plus, women always go to the bathroom in groups--doesn't this create a problem? You all enter stalls at the same time and then have to listen to each other's poop sounds. Isn't that gross? Oh that's right, women don't poop. Thank God.
One of the awkward things to avoid in a men's bathroom is that horrible instance of when you and one other person accidentally enter at the same time and no one else is inside. Why women intentionally do that is beyond me. If the other guy goes for a poop then all you can do is use a urinal because you don't want a simultaneous act of poopage.
At 8:16 PM, October 06, 2006,
Chris Hill said…
Jordan's absolutely right. You women are even more strange, because if you need toilet paper, all you have to do is reach under the stall and wiggle your fingers! That's crazy! Try that in a men's room and you'll get your hand stomped on by another man's shoe.
I guess I can see why you might want to talk there, though. I mean, they put sofas and recliners and coffee machines and everything in there for you.
Oh, and girls don't poop. My wife can attest to this. She agrees.
At 8:17 PM, October 06, 2006,
Chris Hill said…
Jordan,
Do you agree with my other qualifiers? I need approval.
At 1:07 AM, October 10, 2006,
Jordan said…
Chris,
Sorry, I Just read this. I absolutely agree with everything you wrote and think you are brilliant and fantastic (yes, both). Please accept this humble affirmation..
Jordan
At 9:01 PM, October 10, 2006,
Chris Hill said…
Yessssssssssssssss!
Post a Comment
<< Home