Reviews You Can Use: My Heritage
So, I've been hearing a lot about this "My Heritage" website. Its a site where you can upload a photo of yourself, and it will tell you which celebrities most resemble you (the ones that you could be related to). It can also try to determine your actual heritage, but what fun would that be. So in the interests of science, I decided to try it. First, I put in this picture of me:

Now, this shot makes me feel a little silly. But, for the purposes of this experiment, its perfect because its a clear, unsmiling shot of my face. So, I'll deal.
The site worked its magic, and my first match came out as Cameron Diaz at 73% acuracy.

Next came Katie Holms at 68%

then Grace Kelly at 67%

Kirsten Dunst at 64%

Lauren Bacall at 63%

Keira Knightly at 62%

Rachael Leigh Cook at 61%

Shirley MacLaine at 61%

and somebody named Alizee at 60%

As it turns out, My Heritage in non-gener biased when comparing faces with celebrities. The only guy I got was Ewan McGregor at 62%. But, I let it slide because he's extremely hot.

But what does all this mean? The site paired me up with really good looking people. But, by very definition, aren't celebrities typically above the curve in the looks department? So logically, when a site HAS to find celebrities that "look like you", wouldn't you always come out ahead? So many questions to ponder...
Ah, screw it. This web site thinks that I'm hot. Two thumbs up - My Heritage is ok with me. :)

Now, this shot makes me feel a little silly. But, for the purposes of this experiment, its perfect because its a clear, unsmiling shot of my face. So, I'll deal.
The site worked its magic, and my first match came out as Cameron Diaz at 73% acuracy.
Next came Katie Holms at 68%
then Grace Kelly at 67%
Kirsten Dunst at 64%
Lauren Bacall at 63%
Keira Knightly at 62%
Rachael Leigh Cook at 61%
Shirley MacLaine at 61%
and somebody named Alizee at 60%
As it turns out, My Heritage in non-gener biased when comparing faces with celebrities. The only guy I got was Ewan McGregor at 62%. But, I let it slide because he's extremely hot.
But what does all this mean? The site paired me up with really good looking people. But, by very definition, aren't celebrities typically above the curve in the looks department? So logically, when a site HAS to find celebrities that "look like you", wouldn't you always come out ahead? So many questions to ponder...
Ah, screw it. This web site thinks that I'm hot. Two thumbs up - My Heritage is ok with me. :)

18 Comments:
At 9:18 AM, March 27, 2006,
renee said…
you actually do look remarkably like cameron diaz in those two pictures... she looks really strange sometimes, but that is a very nice picture of her, so you deserve a pat on the back... :-)
At 11:41 AM, March 27, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I look pretty strange sometimes too. :)
At 10:20 AM, March 29, 2006,
Jordan said…
Hey Laura,
This has nothing to do with your post, at least directly, but how do you feel about the fact that next monday's prison break is going to apparently be a flashback show? I was a little disappointed to be honest but I'm hoping it will still be entertaining.
At 12:16 PM, March 29, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hey Jordan -
Usually, I'm quite dissapointed at flashback shows too. However, this time I found myself looking forward to it. At least it isn't one of those "clip shows" where the character's are sitting arround reminiscing about past episodes (which you get to see again). At least this will be all new information for us.
From the preview, it looked like we were going to start liking thus far undesirable characters. (The writers have so much power - they alter our allegiences for certain characters any way they want.) I was liking that one mob boss guy before he got stabbed by the stupid hick. But who knows? Perhaps I'll be liking the hick guy by the time this week's episode is over.
Also, I'm wondering how they're going to pull off this newest escape attempt now that the bluprints were burned off of Michael's back...
At 10:45 PM, March 29, 2006,
Anonymous said…
not true about the all celebrities good looking, I was paired up with john negreponte as like a 2nd or 3rd. and he's really old and sagging. And I think I got paired up with another gay guy too. andyway I didn't get anything over 55% I think.
Mike Mellema
At 9:41 AM, March 30, 2006,
Jordan said…
Yea Laura, I don't know what they're going to do now that his blueprints are burned. What they should do is have Jack Bauer from 24 make a guest appearance. He would bust through the walls of the prison, track down anyone who knew anything about the proper route out of the prison, torture and abuse them until they revealed all the needed information, and go back to Michael with a complete summary of the proper exit route.
At 10:24 AM, March 30, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Or, Jackie could just go after the VP and her network of evil. Then, he could steal Lincon's girlfriend/lawyer away from him, only to have her die in the beginning of the next season.
At 10:24 AM, March 30, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Mike: That just means you're an original. :)
At 10:54 AM, March 30, 2006,
chen said…
Is Michael the young looking, not on death row, brother? He has the most beautiful eyes in the world, it pierces my soul. (And he's really hot)
I've never seen the show, but everyone tells me its great, and by everyone I mean wonderful people like Jordan and you.
I also think you look like those celebs that My heritage paired you up with...they are hot and so are you. See you tonight my beautiful friend
At 12:16 PM, March 30, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Thanks Chen! :)
Yeah, Michael is the younger, not on death row brother. He is also the most beautiful man in the world.
See you tonight! Colleen doesn't know the details yet, but I will call you as soon as I know. Let's plan on carpooling together for sure. :)
At 3:45 PM, April 03, 2006,
Jordan said…
Laura,
I think it's time for another post.
I'm attempting peer pressure on you. Let me know if it works.
Jordan
At 4:19 PM, April 03, 2006,
Anonymous said…
There you go, Jordan. Dang - I'm far too sensitive to peer pressure. Please, just don't tell me to jump off a bridge. :)
At 10:29 AM, April 04, 2006,
Jordan said…
Don't worry, Laura, I'd be the person telling you not to jump off the bridge when everyone else was telling you to go for it. :)
At 12:52 PM, April 04, 2006,
Anonymous said…
I don't quite get it...
Why would everyone tell me to jump off a bridge?
Or, are you saying that you'd say the opposite of what everyone else is saying? In that case, as no one would tell me to jump off a bridge, wouldn't you tell me to?
My apologies if you were saying something nice and I just stepped on it in my ignorance. :)
At 2:49 PM, April 04, 2006,
Jordan said…
Yea I was just trying to say something nice, like I would support you doing the right thing even when others didn't....
At 4:01 PM, April 04, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Ah, ok. Yeah - I was taking the bridge analogy literally.
I really appreciate the nice things you say, even if I don't quite understand all of them. :)
So, thanks!
(Yeah - I never thought of you as one to bend with the masses.)
At 4:56 PM, April 04, 2006,
Jordan said…
Communication is hard
At 12:47 PM, September 18, 2006,
Anonymous said…
UPDATE!
Ummm... for some reason the pictures on this post have decided to change themselves around to ugly, bearded guys instead of the cute gals they used to be. I'd like to formally say, for the record, that I don't look like an ugly, bearded guy.
I'd also like to say, for the record, that I'm not as dumb as the conversation on this post would point towards...
Post a Comment
<< Home