Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Hit Me Baby One More Time!

So, the fiasco with the purse happened on Monday. On Tuesday, I had a very important lunch meeting that I needed to get to. I drove to work, super stressed out about the purse deal, and trying to figure out how I could possible put everything back together.

The morning went fine - we were all really busy after having a "snow day" on Monday. Lunch came around, and I headed outside to go drive to my meeting. Upon arriving at my car, I noticed that my right, front tire was flat. Yup. Flat.

So, I needed to borrow my boss' car to go to the meeting. Almost in tears because of all this continued hassle, I first drove to a friend's house to borrow some lip gloss (mine had all been stolen) and to pray about the whole situation. Having done that, I went to my meeting, which I think went well considering the circumstances.

Upon arriving back at work, I needed to call AAA to come put my spare tire on before I could take the car over to get a new tire put on. I admit that I would be really proud if I could have changed it myself, but no dice. I once took shop in high school, and I remember that we needed to change a tire to pass. It took me an hour and a half, but I managed to get it done. However, this time, I was at work and didn't have that kind of time to spare.

Sounds fairly simple, doesn't it - calling AAA and getting a new tire. You'd think so, but my AAA card had just been stolen along with my purse. So, my Dad had to go over to the WI AAA office to get a temporary one issued to me, which he faxed to me at my work. Thankfully, the AAA guy was able to get there about 15 minutes after I called, which was really nice.

I needed to work late, due to recent absences because of my Grandpa's death, the snow day, and now the theft issues. By the time I got out and got to the tire store, it was too late in the day to get a tire that night. So, I left the tire with them and went home, thankful for some time to relax. Upon going home, however, I realized that my spare car key had been in my purse as well, along with the bills that had my current address on them. Also, the key was from the dealer, so it had the year, make and model of my car printed right on the tag.

Now afriad that someone was going to come steal my car, I called the police. However, the only thing I could do there was add it to my police report. I discovered that I needed to get the outside locks changed on my car, which would run about $300. Sigh.

Anyway, the next day I took a half-day at work (they love me when I take off all the time) to get the tire fixed, and run all over town trying to get my life back together.

I've decided to not be mad or put out of shape about this. I know that things will work out, and this doesn't really effect my hope, or my outlook. Yeah, stuff like this does suck to be going through. But, it doesn't define me or my life, and it really is just light and momentary trouble. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

PS. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Pour one out for me and all my troubles. :)

8 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Sam said…

    Hey, you know we're going out to paint the town..green. That will be awesome!! Your attitude is really inspiring through all this trouble. I know I would be extremely stressed out and frustrated. You aren't even blaming Whitey, who is always trying to keep you down. However, no one could fault you if you did blame Whitey :).

     
  • At 4:18 PM, March 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam, I'm having a secret love affair with Whitey. I know that I'm supposed to be hating, but I just can't stay away, even though Whitey's goal day in and day out is to keep us all down. Sigh.

     
  • At 1:31 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger chen said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oops! I just deleted a comment by Chen. She asked me a question about my Tuesday meeting.

    Hi Chen! To answer your question, I was told it will be this week. Thanks for asking! :)

     
  • At 2:05 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger Jordan said…

    Laura, you're quick on the trigger...maybe you should disregard my handgun-purchase advise.

    They say that trouble comes in threes...hopefully they're right and between your grandpa, the purse, and your tire, you've met your quota for the time being....

     
  • At 5:00 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger chen said…

    I can't believe I got deleted. It's your subconscience telling you to delete me isn't it? ISN'T IT?

     
  • At 5:13 PM, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No. NO! I love you. I LOVE YOU!!!

     
  • At 5:14 PM, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ps. If you would keep it clean, I wouldn't have to delete it. Its a family show, Chen. A FAMILY SHOW!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home