More new music buzz...
Ok, now that all that funeral stuff is behind us, we can talk about the really important stuff: The best new music out there right now! (Ok, I admit that these selecitons have been out for a while now. I wanted to write this a while ago, but my granpa died - so we're going to hit it now. Anyone have a problem with that? No? Ok. :)
(Cities 97 has been rocking my world lately, as two of the four songs I'm going to mention here I first heard on that station.)
First, KT Tunstall "is a sparkling new songwriter with Chinese blood, a Scottish heart and great legwarmers."
I heard her song Big Black Horse and a Cherry Tree and immediately loved it. There's something to be said for a chick rocking out and actually making some sweet music. The whole CD is very good, and defenately worth looking into.
Second, James Blunt is an Englishman who is sweeping the world with his song Beautiful, which is truely a beautiful song.
Its about a man seeing a woman across a crowded room, thinking that she's beautiful, and singing about it. Pretty simple, but sure to make all the girls sigh. Plus, I've heard that its the most simultaneously popular song in the world right now, but can't confirm that (because I don't feel like looking it up).
Third, Depeche Mode is an old, but very good band. I remember hearing their name for many years, but never really taking a close look at their songs. I'll probably have to backtrack a bit now, because I love their new song Precious. One of the band members wrote it while thinking about his children, and its a very cool sounding, yet sweet song. Very good stuff.
Finally, I think its some sort of international law to write about songs you like and not mention the band Coldplay.

Normally, I don't like to listen to music just because its popular. I refused to admit that I like anything by Dave Matthews for a long time just because I believe that most of the people on that band wagon were just on it to be on it, rather than actually liking their music. But, I really do like Coldplay, own their albums and have been to their concert, so I ain't no poser! Their song Fix You was one that I took a little time to get used to, but now I really like it.
Their video was what pushed it over the top for me. It shows the lead singer Chris Martin walking down the street at nigh singing the song. Its really simple, but looks really really cool nonetheless. The, he starts running, and runs himself right into his concert, already in progress. He sings the rest of the song (with audience participation that I'm a sucker for), and just blows the place away. It makes me want to be a singer-song writer. Sort of. Anyway, be sure to check it out. Cheers!
(Cities 97 has been rocking my world lately, as two of the four songs I'm going to mention here I first heard on that station.)
First, KT Tunstall "is a sparkling new songwriter with Chinese blood, a Scottish heart and great legwarmers."
I heard her song Big Black Horse and a Cherry Tree and immediately loved it. There's something to be said for a chick rocking out and actually making some sweet music. The whole CD is very good, and defenately worth looking into.
Second, James Blunt is an Englishman who is sweeping the world with his song Beautiful, which is truely a beautiful song.
Its about a man seeing a woman across a crowded room, thinking that she's beautiful, and singing about it. Pretty simple, but sure to make all the girls sigh. Plus, I've heard that its the most simultaneously popular song in the world right now, but can't confirm that (because I don't feel like looking it up).
Third, Depeche Mode is an old, but very good band. I remember hearing their name for many years, but never really taking a close look at their songs. I'll probably have to backtrack a bit now, because I love their new song Precious. One of the band members wrote it while thinking about his children, and its a very cool sounding, yet sweet song. Very good stuff.
Finally, I think its some sort of international law to write about songs you like and not mention the band Coldplay.

Normally, I don't like to listen to music just because its popular. I refused to admit that I like anything by Dave Matthews for a long time just because I believe that most of the people on that band wagon were just on it to be on it, rather than actually liking their music. But, I really do like Coldplay, own their albums and have been to their concert, so I ain't no poser! Their song Fix You was one that I took a little time to get used to, but now I really like it.
Their video was what pushed it over the top for me. It shows the lead singer Chris Martin walking down the street at nigh singing the song. Its really simple, but looks really really cool nonetheless. The, he starts running, and runs himself right into his concert, already in progress. He sings the rest of the song (with audience participation that I'm a sucker for), and just blows the place away. It makes me want to be a singer-song writer. Sort of. Anyway, be sure to check it out. Cheers!

3 Comments:
At 12:57 PM, March 07, 2006,
renee said…
TWO things:
1. i am not joking. watch this. you will love it. i seriously am not kidding.
2. the other day on whatever radio station my chiropractor plays i heard a deejay quote chris martin's explanation of their planned hiatus. "everybody's sick of us and we're sick of us."
and then he played a coldplay song. i thought that was awesome.
At 1:04 PM, March 07, 2006,
renee said…
sigh. it didn't like my tags. copy and past this: http://music.msn.com/musicvideos/default.aspx?WMPFriendly=1&locale=409&geoid=f4&version=10.0.
click on Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together."
i'm so serious.
At 1:54 PM, March 07, 2006,
Anonymous said…
Ahh! What is the hottest guy in the world doing with Mariah Carey?!?! Nooo!!! (Although it was very nice to see him again, since its been months since Prision Break left the air.) You're right - I do love him (just not with Mariah).
March 20th baby!!! Less that two weeks! I have it marked on my calendar. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home