Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Friday, February 10, 2006

More fun at the office...

Today, a bunch of children's books were "donated" (see: "we must be closer than the city dump") to us. Being a good little office worker, I decided that it way my duty to go through the goods and see if there was any "questionable" material in there. We are a Christian organization, after all. Plus, I've heard that reading is fundamental.

I came across a book called "My First Big Book". I was especially interested in it, because I assumed that it was full of important life-facts for kids to know. If you were going to give a kid his first big book, you'd fill it with stuff worth knowing right?

I discovered that it was about a boy named Stephen, and follows him through some of his favorite activities. Not bad - its a cute idea for a kid's book. However, I'll let you be the judge as how little Stephen's life will probably turn out.

This is Stephen. Here, he describes how he likes to go to the beach (in his teeny tiny blue swim trunks) to "catch crabs". How quiant.


Next, Stevie describes how he likes to go to the toy store with his sister, while wearing skin-tight orange leggings. And while he's sitting in a sweet ride, his poor sister (who isn't allowed to wear any bottoms at all) is forced to play with an egg that has sprouted apendages and green hair.


Not being satisfied with this, the kids go ask Santa for different toys. Always the trendy one, Little Stephen has decided to change from his skin-tight orange leggings into his skin-tight pink leggings. You can also see his sister beating Santa without mercy for that lousy egg toy. Oh yeah - Santa recoils in horror. You don't screw over little pants-less girls and live to tell about it.


Next, Stephen takes us along with him to the circus. I bet all his other outfit choices are starting to look pretty good right about now...


Finally, Stephen goes to visit Uncle Jack on the farm. Uncle Jack is not accompanied by his wife... not accompanied by a herd of cows... no, good old Uncle Jack is with "Felix, his favorite bull." Do you get the feeling that good old Uncle Jack shouldn't be left alone with kids??


So, there you go. I think that the youth of America are better off for having fine literature like this still around. Yup - no doubt about it.

9 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang - the pics don't seem to be working right now... I'm trying to fix it.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, February 10, 2006, Blogger Michelle said…

    Hey Laura,

    I caught your blog through a post you put on P.O.G. Vicki, Nicole and Coral all just helped me with a purity retreat for my chruch, and I was wondering if you know them?

     
  • At 2:42 PM, February 11, 2006, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    Success on the pictures!

    Hey Michelle - I do know a Vicki, Nicole, and Coral that go to Hope Community Church - is that who you're referring to?

    Its so funny - I don't know Chris - I just went to his blog throut Kevin's blog, whom I know through Adam - a person I went to college with. These "blog communities" are great. :)

     
  • At 3:01 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Jordan said…

    Laura you don't understand how desperately I want the pictures to work.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, February 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are they still not working for you? I fixed it so that they work whenever I go to this page...

     
  • At 5:36 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Michelle said…

    Laura ~

    I can't see the pics either. Vicki's blog is linked on my site, and this makes me think that maybe we already know each other too. Here is my emai mish20@hotmail.com
    drop me a line and let me know if you were in cursade, attended the U of M, and if yes what years.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, February 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shoot - The pics are playing hard to get.

    They're from my T-mobile online album, and the address for each pic keeps changing - which is why blogger isn't recognizing it.

    I've tried emailing the pics to myself in three different ways and then copying them from there - no dice.

    I tried saving the pics to my machine and uploading them from there - it worked so that I could see them whenever I logged on from my machine, but aparently no one else can. I don't know what else to try... any suggestions??

     
  • At 9:14 PM, February 15, 2006, Blogger chen said…

    i can see them. i think this is a good blog...you've wrote a winner

     
  • At 11:02 AM, February 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can see them? I can't even see them now... sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home