Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Tumble

I got to work this morning, just like an average day. I was right one time, which I don't like because there are some eager people who want to start devotions right at 8:30, making me slightly late as I walk in (the devotions happen right by my desk, so I can't be stealthy at all). I ended up being a little later than that today, though, because I almost fell down the back stairs as I came in.

The office space is downstairs from the main level, so everyone has to go down stairs to get there. For some reason, someone put a welcome mat on the inside of the door, right by the stairs. Being as limber as I am, I managed to catch my foot on the frayed corner of the welcome mat, this sending me straight for the stairwell. My hands were full, so no help there.

Now anyone who knows me, knows that I'm kind of a clutsy person. I also seem to have no concept of the dimensions of my body. I am constantly walking into doorways and posts, tripping over things and knocking things over. Somehow today, though, I happened to plant my foot solidly at the edge of the top stair. I mean that foot wasn't going anywhere! It couldn't have been any closer to the edge either - any closer and I would have fallen over the edge. So, I was balanced on one foot, with one elbow up in the air and both hands full of stuff.

I stood there for a few minutes, kind of in shock. "What just happened?" I wondered. I couldn't believe that I had stuck that landing so well. I really believe that an angel was put there to catch me, because I am just not that coordinated. I felt so secure during it too, even more than when I'm just normally walking along. Something really must have had a hold of me.

One of the staff guys came over because he heard the noise of my almost-tumble. He stared at me, and I just stared him. I was still thinking through what had just happened. In my pose, I must have looked like a ninja or something. He turned and walked away.

In times like that I wonder why God acts the way He does. I mean, what would it really matter if I fell down the stairs or not? It just reinforces the fact that God has a plan for my life. Its a good thing to remember when I'm going through the mundane-ness (mundanity?) of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home