Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Monday, April 30, 2007

New Edition To The Family!

The last time I was home to the fabulous land of Green Bay Wisconsin, I was able to meet my mother's newest purchase, a Paint mare. Now, my mother is famous for spontaneous purchases. In the past, she's been known to trade in one SUV for another in a day's time without feeling the need to inform anyone of her decision-making process. However, I'm told that my father had full disclosure on this one.

Her official name (the new horse, not my mother) is Lacie Lady Ace. This would also be a great name for an Old West saloon. She's a cutie - 3 1/2 years old and just put under saddle.

.
And, I'd be remiss if I didn't put up some of her super-cute foal pictures:


Lacie's a really sweet horse. She doesn't know anything about arena work yet, but is eager and willing to learn. So far, she doesn't seem to have any attitude problems or mental disorders to worry about. You'd be surprised as to how high-maintnence some horses can be. I used to know one that would intentionally begin to limp before he had to go do anything. It was as if he was saying "Hold on there! I'm lame. That's right, the lamest. I can't possible do anything besides laying around and eating grain. Lamey McLamerson, that's me!" We had (expensive) vets come look at him only to find out that there was nothing at all wrong. Slick little devil. But no matter. A few whacks with a crop and he saw the light and began to move pretty well. (Who's laughing now, huh buddy?!)

So anyway, Lacie seems like she'll be a fun summer project for Mom. I'll keep you posted if she throws any members of the family off or does infact decide to go bi-polar. Stay tuned.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Mark said…

    sometimes i wish it was 100 years...wait, let's say 150 years ago so i could get a horse and ride it around and chase after cattle and stuff. i think it would also be cool to learn to play the harmonica by the fire and smoke a pipe that i made myself. and of course the best thing about riding a horse is that you have a good excuse to carry two pistols around your waist. i want spurs too...but not boots. on my tenni's will work just fine.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    Mark - I think there are still plenty of places left in the world where this sort of behavior would be considered acceptable. Montana... Arizona... The Iron Range...

     
  • At 10:44 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger Colleen said…

    Mark. You should be a cowboy. Cowboys are hot. Educated cowboys who know how to make prosthetics are even hotter...

     
  • At 5:01 PM, May 05, 2007, Blogger Mark said…

    Cowboys are not hot, I don't care what Toby Keith says. Cowgirls are hot though. And I am pretty sure that in the South, cowboys are all talking about urban hipster chicks with their lattes (sp?) City Pages and haandlebar streamers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home