Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tax Rally Photos

So, it was good times to be had by all at the tax rally. The weather was beautiful, and 6,000 - 7,000 people showed up to voice oposition to irresponsible spending and government greed.














People of all ages, young and old, showed up at the capital steps.

The event even attracted several celebrities, including "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan (or perhaps Jessi Ventura?),




















and Captain Jack Sparrow.





















Perhaps the most interesting item of the day were the signs that people had made. Some of my favorites include:


All in all, it was a good event and I was glad to be apart of it. Rock on.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, April 19, 2007, Blogger Jordan said…

    Thanks for the pictures... not being in MN I have not been keeping track of what's going on there. High income taxes will simply drive away the most productive members of society (who, incidentally, are the same people who provide jobs for everyone). I recently heard that these same leftists were complaining that corporations in MN were not paying enough taxes. This is quite possibly the stupidest complaint I've ever heard. Think about it: MN has a great set of corporations headquartered there. They provide tens of thousands of jobs to people. Increase their tax burden and they will leave and take their jobs with them. It's really that simple.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, April 19, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    I agree. There are plenty of states in the US where people can go to produce their goods much cheaper and earn a much bigger profit. What's the old saying... "Tax the rich and give to the poor, until we don't have any rich any more." ...or something like that. Pretty acurate description of how some people think.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, April 20, 2007, Blogger Chris Hill said…

    I'm so proud of you for going.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, April 25, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    Thanks! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home