Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday!

You know what? I just realized that its my blogger birthday! In fact, I missed it! It turns out that I wrote my very first blog entry on April 5, 2005, which would make my blog just over two years old. Booyah!


Now, that original blog entry wasn't the best or anything. It wasn't super good. Actually, it was pretty much crap. But, in the two glorious years that I've been enlightening the world with my authoristic stylings, I've grown. I'd have to say that, though there were good times and bad, highs and lows, I've turned into a pretty phenomenal blogger.

So, what do we have to look forward to in the future of T.H.O.T.B.? I've done a little research into what typically goes into the second year of life. Here's what you can expect:

  • easily frustrated
  • needs considerable time to change activities
  • capable of frequent tantrums, which are often a result of an inability to express self when having ideas
  • likes to push, pull, fill, and dump
  • shows interest in dressing, brushing hair and teeth
  • experiments by touching, smelling, and tasting
  • enjoys simple make-believe like talking on phone/putting on hat
  • can now stack 4-6 objects at a time
  • gives affectionate hugs and kisses
  • has sense of humor; capable of laughter
  • interested in learning how to use common items
  • can bend over to pick up things without falling
  • has almost a full set of teeth

Awe yeah - let the good times roll!

(By the way, I just realized that you can't spell T.H.O.T.B without "hot". Perhaps that should be my new slogan.)

14 Comments:

  • At 10:57 PM, April 19, 2007, Blogger Sam said…

    Happy Birthday to Laura's blog!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, April 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "So, what do we have to look forward to in the future of T.H.O.T.B.? I've done a little research into what typically goes into the second year of life. Here's what you can expect:"

    I read this too fast...actually I think I read the first sentence and then skipped to the list. It's funnier that way. I had a really long comment posted on Colleen's blog and then I somehow dleeted it all. So I decided to write one on yours instead. It was nice talking to you last night. I hope you have a wonderful day/weekend.

    mark

     
  • At 11:06 AM, April 20, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    Sammy - Thanks! :)

    Marky - I had fun talking with you too! It was a really nice night for a bonfire and wine. My hair smelled like a bonfire all night - and I loved it! It's a smell that really puts me in the mind of summer. We'll for sure have to go camping soon.


    Ditto on the day/weekend for both of you! :)

     
  • At 11:12 PM, April 20, 2007, Blogger Chris Hill said…

    You probably don't read the other ones, but I posted on your tax rally and "stick 'em up" entries. Happy birthday!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, April 23, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    Dude! I will go back and read those right now. :)

     
  • At 2:31 PM, April 25, 2007, Blogger Chris Hill said…

    Hey, does it ever both you when chicks call other chicks "dude" or when dudes call chicks "dude"? That bothers me. It's probably 'cause there isn't a chick equivalent. You don't say, "chick." The closest amongst women is probably the b-word, but that is too crass to replace "dude." Thoughts? You should write a post on it.

     
  • At 5:02 PM, April 25, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    I guess "dude" can be used to convey a wide array of emotions, and doesn't necessarily refer only to the person you're chatting with/about. I've seen people have entire conversations just using the word dude.

    My use of it in my last comment was trying to convey something along the lines of, "Oh really? Great!"

     
  • At 10:58 PM, April 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, no, you used it appropriately. Your comment just sparked the thought, albeit somewhat unrelated. I use "dude" all the time, too. It conveys many things, and is a very effective communication tool. I guess all I'm saying is that when speaking to women, a different, equivalent term is necessary. I just don't think it exists right now. Perhaps this situation describes the manners of communication between men and between women? (i.e., men convey more with less words in general, partially because men use less words).

     
  • At 11:01 PM, April 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To clarify: by "speaking to women" I mean that I would not say "dude" to a woman, but don't have a problem if a woman says it to me (although it is a little strange sometimes... not always, though, since your comment didn't seem weird to me).

     
  • At 11:07 AM, April 26, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    I agree that it would be sweet if there was a seperate, albeit just as communicatively effective, word one could say to a woman that would rival "dude". Until that glorious day, however, feel free to adress me as dude. :)

     
  • At 4:59 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger Katie Hill said…

    Indeed, it will be a glorious day.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger Katie Hill said…

    Dang it! This is Chris. I'm a dude. My wife's a chick. But somehow I, a dude, posted as a chick. I apologize (I'm posting as her still to be clear and have continuity).

     
  • At 6:24 PM, April 26, 2007, Blogger Laura Ibsen said…

    I was going to say, being a man, complaining about how there's not a word to say to females that rivals what dude is for male, all the while posing as a femal, kind of brings it to another level. Though, I don't know if I want to bother sorting it all out. :)

    Cute puppy, by the way.

     
  • At 7:05 PM, April 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, she is cute. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home