Blame It On The Alcohol???
The other day I got the opportunity to go see Jamie Foxx in concert at the Target Center in Minneapolis. I was lucky enough to get free suite tickets, and even free parking! I don't know if you've ever had the opportunity to sit in a suite at one of these big event arena's, but I highly recommend it if you do. This is the second time I've gotten to go, the other being a Minnesota Timberwolves game.
The suite itself was excellent. You get a great view, comfortable chairs, your own bathroom and wait service. I highly enjoyed the suite, which is good because the concert itself was about the most ridiculous thing I've ever witnessed. Let's just say that I would have been super pissed if I'd actually bought tickets to this shindig. Here are some of the highlights:
Jamie sang about ten slow jams on stage. I think he only has one CD out, so he didn't have a lot of material to work with. So, he made sure to stretch those slow jams out waaaaaaaaaay past the point of their being interesting. At one point, he even became bored singing his own song. He decided to lay across the grand piano onstage on his back with his feet dangling off the side. He sang the second half of the song just like that. Highly entertaining, to be sure.
Half-way through the show, Jamie decided to do a "tribute to Michael Jackson" which included him going backstage while his DJ played about five Michael Jackson songs for us. They were fun to dance to in the suite with my friends, but I could have easily done that at home or at the club as well. I didn't need to spend $50 on Jamie Foxx tickets.
The only song that anyone knows of Jamie's is "Blame It On The Alcohol", which has had a lot of radio play. It's his first single. We had to wait until the very end of the show to hear it. Half-way through singing it, Jamie lowered his mike to his side and proceeded to talk to someone in the audience. All we could see was him mouthing words to someone. Amazing.
And, the silliness just went on from there. So, it was a fun night out with the girls for free. I'm so glad I didn't spend a dime on it, though. Weirdness.
The suite itself was excellent. You get a great view, comfortable chairs, your own bathroom and wait service. I highly enjoyed the suite, which is good because the concert itself was about the most ridiculous thing I've ever witnessed. Let's just say that I would have been super pissed if I'd actually bought tickets to this shindig. Here are some of the highlights:
Jamie sang about ten slow jams on stage. I think he only has one CD out, so he didn't have a lot of material to work with. So, he made sure to stretch those slow jams out waaaaaaaaaay past the point of their being interesting. At one point, he even became bored singing his own song. He decided to lay across the grand piano onstage on his back with his feet dangling off the side. He sang the second half of the song just like that. Highly entertaining, to be sure.
Half-way through the show, Jamie decided to do a "tribute to Michael Jackson" which included him going backstage while his DJ played about five Michael Jackson songs for us. They were fun to dance to in the suite with my friends, but I could have easily done that at home or at the club as well. I didn't need to spend $50 on Jamie Foxx tickets.
The only song that anyone knows of Jamie's is "Blame It On The Alcohol", which has had a lot of radio play. It's his first single. We had to wait until the very end of the show to hear it. Half-way through singing it, Jamie lowered his mike to his side and proceeded to talk to someone in the audience. All we could see was him mouthing words to someone. Amazing.
And, the silliness just went on from there. So, it was a fun night out with the girls for free. I'm so glad I didn't spend a dime on it, though. Weirdness.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home