Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Couple Of Things:

Ok - seeing bicycles in the middle of the street and trying to drive past them really scares me. That being said, I know that some places require bikes to be in the streets instead of the sidewalks. However, that doesn't include residential areas, and some commercial areas. I think everyone can agree that it is far safer for bikes to be on the sidewalks. If you're anywhere with houses, please get up on the sidewalk. I don't want to feel bad for hitting you with my car. Want proof?

169.222 OPERATION OF BICYCLE

(d) A person operating a bicycle upon a sidewalk, or across a roadway or shoulder on a crosswalk, shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian and shall give an audible signal when necessary before overtaking and passing any pedestrian. No person shall ride a bicycle upon a sidewalk within a business district unless permitted by local authorities. Local authorities may prohibit the operation of bicycles on any sidewalk or crosswalk under their jurisdiction.

(f) A person lawfully operating a bicycle on a sidewalk, or across a roadway or shoulder on a crosswalk, shall have all the rights and duties applicable to a pedestrian under the same circumstances.

Also, has anyone else noticed a strange lack of squirrels and mosquitos this year? I live in Uptown, and there were always squirrels darting around all day and night in years past. This year, I'm lucky if I see one per day. Also, I haven't heard/seen/got bitten by a mosquito yet this year. While I'm not complaining, it does seem very strange. It's widely known amongst the mosquito community that I'm tasty. I get bit more than anyone, and I'm home-free so far this year. Weird.

Oh - one more thing: I just downloaded "Rhythm Is A Dancer" on Itunes. Holla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home