Not My Car!!!
So guess what - there was leaf removal on our street this morning. Living in Minneapolis, we sometimes have to move our cars because of excess snow build-up or too many leaves on the road. There were signs posted the night before telling everyone to move their cars to a side street beginning at 7:00 AM the next morning. But for some reason, I totally didn't think about it when I got home last night and just parked on the street as usual. Brilliant.
I woke up around 5:00 AM this morning for some reason and was wide awake, but didn't think anything of it and went back to sleep. Then I woke up at seven, the time we were supposed to have our cars moved by, and was annoyed that I kept waking up "when I didn't have to." Finally, I decided to get up and hop in the shower to start my day as usual. But the water was cold, which it never is! In living where I currently am almost a year, I've never had my shower be cold.
By this time, I was quite crabby about the dual hardships of having to wake up earlier than usual for no reason, and the cold shower. So, I hurried up and showered in record time, complaining the entire time. It was then that I remembered that I needed to move my car. Panicked, I threw on some sweats and ran outside, still dripping wet.
My car was the ONLY car in sight, and as I watched it was being raised onto a tow truck. I ran up to the tow guy and asked him if he could please, please, please let my car back down. He said there was nothing he could do. Then I asked if I could pay him, and he took a liking to that idea. So, I ran back into the house to grab some cash. He asked for $15, so I gave him $20 and he let me go. Whew!
Though I was thoroughly freaked out and felt an asthma attach coming on, I really just stood there and marveled on how the morning had gone so far. I happen to believe in God and having an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and I love when I can look and see Him working in real ways in my daily life. Sure I believe he's making me a better person internally, but maybe he's looking out for my mode of transportation and my wallet as well. Something had woken my up this morning, and if that water hadn't been cold, I would have spent way longer in the shower and totally missed my chance to bribe to tow man. And for some reason, they'd towed all the other cars first and left mine for last. It's in ways like that where I feel like someone's looking out for me, and a single gal in the city needs that every now and then.
Well, it's getting on 10:00 AM now - let's see how the rest of the day goes. Cheers!
I woke up around 5:00 AM this morning for some reason and was wide awake, but didn't think anything of it and went back to sleep. Then I woke up at seven, the time we were supposed to have our cars moved by, and was annoyed that I kept waking up "when I didn't have to." Finally, I decided to get up and hop in the shower to start my day as usual. But the water was cold, which it never is! In living where I currently am almost a year, I've never had my shower be cold.
By this time, I was quite crabby about the dual hardships of having to wake up earlier than usual for no reason, and the cold shower. So, I hurried up and showered in record time, complaining the entire time. It was then that I remembered that I needed to move my car. Panicked, I threw on some sweats and ran outside, still dripping wet.
My car was the ONLY car in sight, and as I watched it was being raised onto a tow truck. I ran up to the tow guy and asked him if he could please, please, please let my car back down. He said there was nothing he could do. Then I asked if I could pay him, and he took a liking to that idea. So, I ran back into the house to grab some cash. He asked for $15, so I gave him $20 and he let me go. Whew!
Though I was thoroughly freaked out and felt an asthma attach coming on, I really just stood there and marveled on how the morning had gone so far. I happen to believe in God and having an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and I love when I can look and see Him working in real ways in my daily life. Sure I believe he's making me a better person internally, but maybe he's looking out for my mode of transportation and my wallet as well. Something had woken my up this morning, and if that water hadn't been cold, I would have spent way longer in the shower and totally missed my chance to bribe to tow man. And for some reason, they'd towed all the other cars first and left mine for last. It's in ways like that where I feel like someone's looking out for me, and a single gal in the city needs that every now and then.
Well, it's getting on 10:00 AM now - let's see how the rest of the day goes. Cheers!

1 Comments:
At 4:07 PM, April 30, 2008,
Mark said…
What I find sad about the whole thing is how little the tow guys must make. You have to shell out how much for getting towed? Like 200+ and they probably make 15/hour. Why don't they just ask people to sweep the street in front of their house and stop spending tax payers money to do residential chores that are so simple. I guess maybe that wouldn't be necessary. Why is it necessary to sweep the street to begin with? I think the sweeping branch of whatever department should just be eliminated.
Post a Comment
<< Home