Pink Blog

Nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Monday, April 07, 2008

I Live In Minnesota.

So yeah, Spring in MN has sprung. This means that it'll be snowing one day and 60 degrees the next. Last Monday it snowed almost a foot in one day. That was magical, if not for the reason that I probably got the cops called on me for trying to drive from Girard to James Ave (about one mile, for the uninformed) in Uptown.

There's one street along my path called Irving Avenue, which for some inexplicable reason is two-way the entire way except for one, solitary block. Now, I drive this route all the time, but for some reason forgot about said block that particular night. It was about 10:00 PM and in a residential area.

Usually, I look at how the cars are parked along the street to determine which way you're supposed to go. That night, however, there was that pesky foot of snow on the cars so I couldn't see which way they were pointing. I did figure it out about half-way down the block, but by that time decided to just keep going instead of trying to turn around. I mean hell, sometimes I pass a house I'm trying to find in a residential area and back down the length of an entire block to get back to it. I mean, it's generally considered ok to do that sort of stuff in a residential area.

Well, apparently the one other car on the road that night didn't get that memo and decided to act like a total a-hole. He saw me (almost to the end of the block, mind you) going the wrong way down the street and FREAKED OUT. He began honking his horn like a maniac for almost five minutes straight. I honked back as if to say "Dude, don't worry about it - I've got it". At that point, he SLAMMED on his breaks, whipped out his phone and, I believe, began calling the cops.

What. A. Loser.

I mean, come on - what's he going to do in an actual emergency? Spontaneously combust? Anyway, I just calmly drove home hoping that I'd never have to see the prick again. I should have memorized his license plate or something to avoid future mishaps. So yeah - fun Spring times in Minnesota.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home