Ode to Karl
Hooray! The old blog is back up and kicking. I'd personally like to thank Karl (from "The Blogger Team") for all the work he did to put me back in business. He told me to try "clearing your browser's cache and cookies and refresh the page in your browser" if I ever had this problem again. I have no idea what this means.
I picture Karl as Nick Burns, the tech guy from the Jimmy Fallon SNL sketch:

"Nick Burns, the computer guy. He'll fix your computer, then he's going to make fun of you. Cause he's Nick Burns, the company's computer guy."
Oh sure, Karl is probably a great guy. I'm nuts about him. BUT, I think that his patience is really thin when it comes to this tech stuff. You've got to read between the lines of the email he sent me, but I'm sure its there. Here's how a conversation would go with him in real life:
Oh well - Karl's superior attitude didn't stop me from responding politely to his email. I wrote:
Subject line: "Karl is the greatest!"
Body: "Karl, you rock my world. Thanks, Laura."
I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
I picture Karl as Nick Burns, the tech guy from the Jimmy Fallon SNL sketch:

"Nick Burns, the computer guy. He'll fix your computer, then he's going to make fun of you. Cause he's Nick Burns, the company's computer guy."
Oh sure, Karl is probably a great guy. I'm nuts about him. BUT, I think that his patience is really thin when it comes to this tech stuff. You've got to read between the lines of the email he sent me, but I'm sure its there. Here's how a conversation would go with him in real life:
Karl: Over the holidays, we upgraded to the latest version of Microsoft Outlook and changed the server login ID.
Computer illiterate (CI): So what's the new login ID?
Karl: Bradford Company slash your last name dot your first name.
CI: Is there a space after Bradford?
Karl: If you want it not to work, yeah.
CI: One more question, I just can't find my personal address book.
Karl: Did you import it from the Outlook program?
CI: I think I downloaded it.
Karl: You downloaded it? Well, that's amazing considering it's impossible. You have to import it.
CI: Import through my folder...?
Karl: MOVE! [ sits down ] I'm gonna teach you a lesson here. First, you open up the folder file import in the downlock box. Open Outlook 6.0 folder, find address file, and click import. Was that so hard?
CI: Yeah, actually it was.
Karl: They teach this kind of stuff on "Blue's Clues". Who's next?
Oh well - Karl's superior attitude didn't stop me from responding politely to his email. I wrote:
Subject line: "Karl is the greatest!"
Body: "Karl, you rock my world. Thanks, Laura."
I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

4 Comments:
At 3:38 PM, June 15, 2006,
Anonymous said…
The Most Dangerous of our Species: Part Three - the guys who hold the keys to your Blogger account. HAHAHAHA!
(Try wordpress.com)
At 11:40 AM, June 16, 2006,
Laura Ibsen said…
Yeah - you comp guys think you rule the world.
One day I will take over the world with my big, bad, art history degree. THEN you'll pay! You'll all pay!!! Hahahahahahahahahah!
Umm... can you tell my why my printer won't talk to my computer?
At 8:50 PM, June 16, 2006,
Anonymous said…
You probably didn't plug it in or turn it on.
At 11:54 AM, June 17, 2006,
Anonymous said…
who do you think would win in a fight? Karl or the biggest of the bike cops? My money would be on Karl if he could finish it in the first round. But if it makes it to the 3rd round the Bike cop would own a computer guy.
Post a Comment
<< Home